Saturday, November 29, 2008

We had a Fabulous Thanksgiving!

I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time in 16 years. The last time I cooked on Thanksgiving, Isaac was a baby and Allen wasn't even born!

We had 18 people total. My mom and step-dad, mother-in-law, father-in-law, 2 of Doug's nieces, my gramma, my great aunt and friends of ours from PA (5 of them) and us. It was SO fun.

Everybody pitched in to help cook and clean up. All the kids got along beautifully. The food was fabulous and overly plentiful. Why is it I can't estimate how much to cook? We could have had twice as many people for dinner LOL.

The sunshine came out for Thanksgiving :) We hadn't seen the sun in days and days and days. Weeks probably. We've seen the sunshine 3 days in a row now :) Snow and rain come back tomorrow though.

I am so thankful for my family and friends.

So we cooked, ate and relaxed on Thanksgiving.

Friday we decorated the house for Christmas. We did no Black Friday shopping. It was rather sad. Doug and I have been going out together the past couple years. We'd shop and go to breakfast. I missed that. But it was nice to sleep in :)

Today was very busy. Bowling, grocery shopping, cooking, getting Doug's food ready, napping, and we're heading out soon for a date.

Doug goes back to work tomorrow :( The days he is off go way too fast. I plan to do assignment books and get organized for the week. School must happen!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Good job hosting Thanksgiving! Sounds like a nice day.