Saturday, February 14, 2009

Life is flying by so quickly!

How did that happen? I blinked and my kids were all of a sudden 14, 16 and 18. They're taller than I am. They have such deep voices that I'm not sure if I am talking to them on the phone or Doug! I know they were just babies yesterday. My gramma told me this would happen :)

Next week I'll be 40! How did THAT happen? I didn't accomplish the things I wanted to before I was 40. Mainly lose weight and not be sick. I only have control over one of those, and not even really. I can't make myself not sick. I'm learning I also can't make myself lose weight quickly with health issues. But I did lost 14.5 lbs. in the past 11 months! At this rate I'll be to goal before I'm 50 :::snort:::

Our 20th anniversary is this year. WOW! I am just amazed at how quickly life is flying by.

Soon my guys will all be graduated. Jordan graduates this year. He is just about finished up with all of his school work and is looking for a job. He doesn't want to attend college right now (or ever he says ;) ). So he's looking for a job. Not an easy thing to do in this day and age or in the area we live in.

Isaac and Allen are both in high school and barreling towards the finish line! Isaac is wanting to get his driver's license soon. He needs to find a part-time job first so he can pay for at least some of his insurance. Teenage boys are expensive to insure! Allen gets his permit this year! Amazing.

So today I am sitting here remembering them being little and how crazy life was then. It isn't any less crazy now, it is just different crazy. I am really enjoying life with teens. They are growing up into amazing people.

So next week will be busy with birthday celebrations. Mom is coming on Tuesday for lunch. Two girlfriends are meeting me for lunch on Wednesday. Doug will be home on my birthday, which is Thursday :) We had plans to go away overnight, but we may not do that. If we stay home, hopefully we'll have a quiet family evening celebrating. Doug is taking me out on Saturday to dinner and dancing to celebrate.

Life is good :)

5 comments:

Chris said...

How do you think I feel? Almost 40,36, and 38. And 2 grandkids graduating this year!! I don't mind telling people I am 59 gonna be 60 in June--but to tell them I have a daughter gonna be 40 next week Ah well--it does fly quickly

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It is amazing how quickly it all goes. Jamin is finishing up his high school work too. He wants to find a second job to save for college...but I'm not sure he'll be able to....praying for both boys.

Have wonderful celebrations!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I haven't visited you on your blog in quite some time. Love the picture of your boys on the top! They have grown!!!

You are doing a great job! And you grab hold of that 40 and enjoy it!!! :)

(You can send me a reminder of my own words two years from now when I turn 40 - gulp). LOL

Blessings on you!!!

Cynthia said...

It does fly By!

Cynthia said...

Time does fly by.