The first week of June I ran away from home and got my nose pierced! I think it is totally adorable!I drove to my girlfriend's house in PA and then we continued on to another friend's house in VA. We spent three lovely nights with her. Peg is such a dear, sweet friend. I love her bubbly personality and staying in a houseful of girls! She has 4 of them. So different than boys.
Anyway, back to the nose. So Monday evening Peg, Jen, Liesl and I drove to Richmond and met Danielle, Anne, and Kelly for dinner at Bottoms Up Pizza. Oh my is that the best pizza I've ever had! Dana was supposed to join us, but she was occupied with babymooning. She had her sweet baby daughter that morning. We missed her!
Then it was on to the tattoo parlor. The one we had planned to go to was closed. So we walked around until we found another one. The piercing guy wouldn't be there for 30 minutes, so we went out to dessert. We found a lovely restaurant. It has nice atmosphere and AWESOME dessert. I had a chocolate cake with raspberry filling, chocolate ganache icing and caramel sauce. It was SO yummy!
And then back to the tattoo parlor. I was starting to get nervous. But I had my reinforcements with me. I went all the way to VA so I would have reinforcements :) So this totally freaky looking, but very, very compassionate and kind, man takes me to the back room. He explains how the cork he just pushed up no nose is to stop the needle. I start to get nervous, but just closed my eyes and waited. When he put the needle through my nose, my right eye just watered and watered. And then I got hot and dizzy and nauseated. I thought I was going to pass out. The guy kept asking if I was OK and trying to get my nose to quit bleeding. He did go get me a cool, wet cloth and talked softly to me. Then he helped me off the table, gave me the stud he would have changed it to in 4 weeks if only I didn't live in OH, and sent me on my way with my girlfriends.
It hurt more than I expected. I had a horrible headache that night. The next day my nose burned. Wednesday is was really itchy. And now it is mostly healed up and only hurts when I twist it. I can change it in 4-8 weeks. I'm going to wait at least 6.
So that's what I've been up to. How about you?
3 comments:
Oh, my! feel your pain all over again! The first time was when I read your story on SL.
You are one brave woman! I don't think I could ever get my nose pierced - or a tattoo! Is that next?!
BTW, it looks totally cute and cool.
Babies, gardening, cleaning, cooking, organizing, school planning, and a million other things.
When are you coming to KY?
One of our friends got her nose pierced, too. I'm not much for pain nor fashion so I doubt it's anything I'll consider in the near future (LOL)!
Post a Comment