Wednesday, September 07, 2011

My last ever first day of school!

Today is such a bitter-sweet day.  It is the start of my 15th year home schooling.  It's also the start of my last year of home schooling.  In the spring, my youngest will graduate!

Where the heck did the time go?  Those years flew by I tell ya.....even when the days were never ending.

I'm feeling all sappy today.  This next season of my life doesn't look in reality how it looked when I'd dream about it.  Doug is only home on the weekends, and it's pretty lonely otherwise.  So I'm reinventing what it will look like.  I'm about to start training to be a leader for Weight Watchers.  I'm going to slowly work myself into a nice little amount of hours so that next fall I have things to do other than cry when it should be the first day of school (although I imagine I'll do that, too).

Here I am with Allen.  My baby!  How did he get so TALL?

 Allen working Hard

 I swear this was my life just last month!!

My goofy husband along with my favorite first day of school picture ever.  I cannot find just the school picture, so you're stuck with the collage.  But I like it :)

4 comments:

BETHANY said...

I'm glad you're being pro-active in figuring out a Plan B for this next season of lie. :)

Chris said...

You can come see me next year--or we can go knit..don't cry :)

Kristal said...

You would make a great leader! I have sadly fallen off the wagon and can't figure out how to get back on. Makes me so sad to see my reflection.

Congrats on making it to the end. Make it a special year and look forward to the adventures God has in store for you!

{and I didn't see that you had responded to the last post... you can email me at knit1kids4 at gmail dot com {that hurts the brain typing it that way}

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Wow...just like that. I'm watching many of my friends reach the end of their homeschooling "careers"....and I'm learning from you all. I've got 11 years....unless plans change...and they do have a way of doing just that from time to time.

Praying you have a blessed, wonderful year of celebrating this season.