Thursday, June 19, 2008

Not much happening today!

Jordan and Isaac are still in Canada.

Allen had church stuff from 9-2:30ish.

I tried to do laundry. I did a couple loads. The washer is not working properly, but not all the time. The last 2 loads I've done have spun out perfectly. This load did not spin out, so I have to take out 1/2 of the load, spin, repeat :)

The drier is not heating, either. So I am happily hanging the wash. I like hanging clothes on the line. But our weather has been cold, dreary and threatening rain. I left the towels out for 4 hours, and brought them in and they were still damp around the edges. I folded them and put them away anyway :) It was looking like a downpour. I was about to nap (still not recovered from camping!) and did not want to wake up to rained on laundry.

I woke up and there was the sunshine!!! I LOVE the sunshine.

So I sent Allen out to mow the lawn. Oh yeah, our mower and weed eater quit working, also. But my FIL rescued us and let us borrow his mower. So Allen does 3 passes on the lawn, and the mower stops and won't start! So it is sitting in the garage awaiting Doug's arrival home tomorrow (along with the drier.....thanks babe!).

So Allen decided to ride his bike to Convenient, get Hershey bars and we'll have a fire! I'll enjoy sitting on the swing with my youngest son eating s'mores.

So that is our day. Thursdays are long. Doug comes home tomorrow and for some reason, Thursdays are the hardest day for me. I am lonely. The day drags on. But Doug will come home tomorrow and then the weekend flies! I love having him home. I love that he is going to fix my drier while he's here.

We also have fun stuff planned for the weekend, and then Jordan and Isaac come home Sunday evening, Allen goes to youth camp Sunday afternoon, and we're going to spend time at the lake next week and my Gramma is coming with us :) I'm going to make some blueberry scones (at least that is the plan.........don't bank on it Gram) to enjoy with coffee while we're at the lake!

OK, enough rambling.....Allen is starting the fire!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Oh I love roasting marshmallows! You had them over your fire, right? :D Yum!! (I assume that is why the hershey bars. )

Happy weekend to you!

Chris said...

Geez, Kel, your washer and dryer are not that old and were very expensive. I hope Doug can get them fixed--and the mowers too. Looks like the camping trip was good for you.