WOW! My kids are getting old :::snort::: We just started our 12th home school year. Jordan will graduate this year! That is such a bitter-sweet thing. I've been doing a lot of pondering on his last year at home. Very deep stuff.
So anyway, we started school on Wednesday. We did school Wednesday - Friday, and only math and science. I was whipped on Friday! I am very glad we decided to ease into things slowly this year. Next week we will be doing a full schedule of school.
But we have spent the summer staying up late and sleeping in. I've only been sleeping in until 9am, but gosh, some of these boys will sleep until 11 or later.
So starting easy to get into a routine was more important to me than doing it all from the first.
It went really well! I hope this is a good sign of a great year to come. I could really use a good year.
Everybody was up by 7:45 and downstairs doing chores by 8. Allen did get up at 7 so he could do chores and then work out before breakfast.
School started at 9 and everybody was finished with their work and discussions with me/correcting work by lunch.
We eat our dinner at noon, so I cooked on Wednesday. Thursday we went to the lake after lunch (which was McDs) and yesterday Doug came home.
It feels good to be getting back into a routine, even though I am doing it kicking and screaming this year. I just wasn't ready to start. But we will keep on doing the next thing :)
4 comments:
Hey Kelly! We used to chat on the SL forums (IsAMom). I found the link to your blog from Angi's blog. Glad to hear things are going well. 12 years of hsing?! Wow. We just started our 5th (I include PK, K). I now have a 3rd, 1st and Ker. Loving every minute of it.
Where's the annual first day of school pix? Seems to me you posted one last year that I thought was a hoot.
Come visit me on my blog... isamom.blogspot.com.
Prayer of blessing for your week. Off to plan for ours.
Annette in MN
12 years WOW! I can still see two small boys sitting at the table with their pencil and paper doing teir math and spelling. Where has the time gone? Gram
We started our year kicking and screaming as well (LOL)! I was SO NOT ready to start. Enjoy the last day. When our oldest started her 12th grade year our 2nd oldest dd said "Mom I hope you enjoy Bee's last first day of school." ACK! What a way to start the year.
Isn't it amazing how THEY get older and older while we do not?????
Congrats on that first week under the belt....Sept is tough.
Post a Comment