Thursday, December 17, 2015

Day Four ~ At Sea

I woke up about 8. Doug was already awake and just coming in from the balcony. He opened the curtains and I was greeted by the SUN! Glorious Sun!!
I tried having coffee and journaling on the balcony, but the sun was HOT and there was NO shade. Which is awesome, except for when I'm drinking hot coffee lol. I did have my Vitamin C out there.
I never get tired of this view!
I came in to finish my coffee, then we got dressed and headed out. It was 9 am. When we walked through the pool deck area on the way to the WJ for breakfast, most of the chairs were already taken. But, Doug was able to grab 2 on the end near the hot tub, which is an area we like to sit YAY!, and he sat there while I had breakfast, and then we switched.
I was supposed to be "real quick", but I ate with David and Dan and talked with them, and talked, and talked. It's not normally like that. Usually I am waiting on Doug to finish talking and talking LOL.

But when I realized how long I'd been inside, I went right out to the pool to relieve Doug (we don't want to be chair hogs lol) and he went in to get breakfast. It was after 10. He grabbed food and came back outside. Don't want to waste any of the sunshine!  Our plan was to lounge at the pool all day. They were cooking lunch on the pool deck, and it smelled awesome. Even though we don't like the seafood piaya they were making.

We talked with David & Joan for a while before they moved on to the next thing. I had 2 more mimosas. JD fixed me up most mornings.
 
I then went to collect pictures, as was my routine. I am loving the pictures this year! I bought a sweatshirt too, and went to drop it off in the room. I picked up a spa menu to see what things cost, thinking we'd use some OBC for that, but we never did. Then back to the pool and time to order drinks. 

It was a lovely day at the pool. Not too hot with a nice breeze. We took turns getting lunch in the WJ and bringing lunch out to the pool. We watched the World's Sexiest Man contest this afternoon, which is always a fun time.  3 margaritas and 1 mudslide and several bottles of water and plenty of carbs later! and I was very relaxed. We listened to Heatwave and were still really enjoying their music. It really was the most amazing, relaxing day. The perfect tropical vacation day!!

About 3:15 we went back to the cabin and grabbed a nap until about 4:30. Then we contemplated how to spend the rest of the day/evening. I grabbed coffee from Cafe Lattitudes :) then went to the balcony to relax. I just LOVE spending time on our balcony. I can't imagine cruising without one if I didn't have to. But if the choice were cruise without one or never cruise again, I'd cruise without one. I just don't want to :)
We decided to stay casual and eat dinner in the WJ tonight. It's not my favorite place for dinner, but we wanted to play Michael Jackson trivia in the Schooner bar at 7:30, and that wouldn't work for us if we went to dinner at 7. But we did still have pictures taken. What I do love about dinner in the WJ is I can have potatoes, potatoes, bread and dessert and nothing else lol.
Trivia was really fun, and when it was over we went to the South Pacific Lounge for the dance party. We watched the dancing,but didn't dance. We didn't dance at all on this trip. I really miss going dancing. Anyway...

We also walked around the ship and took pictures. It was SO pretty all decorated for Christmas.
One of my favorite cruise reviewers always posts pictures of her and her husband in the elevator, so I wanted to do that. Jane, if you are reading this, I need tips. We could NOT figure it out!
We then went back to the Schooner bar to listen to Grahame and have after dinner drinks.
And about 11 we headed back to the cabin, and Doug ran to the Park Cafe to get snacks. So we had snacks and drinks on the balcony that night. We adore having drinks and snacks on the balcony at night, and coffee and pre-breakfast in the morning, and whatever mid-day. And our next towel animal. I love those!I'd never seen the frog before!

It was another perfect day. Very relaxing, warm, sunny, wonderful! Tomorrow is an early port day in Cozumel. We are going to Nachi Cocom and doing some port shopping. I can't wait!!

No comments: