Friday, July 04, 2008

How are you celebrating Independence Day?

It was a crazy/busy morning, but the rest of the day will be relaxing :)

Doug didn't get to come home yesterday, but he was home at 7:45 this morning. We were all still sleeping :)

So we woke up and decided to divide and conquer. I had to go to the laundromat and wash clothes. The washer is dead and beyond repair. The dryer is now working :)

So Isaac and I went to the laundromat and did 4 loads of wash (well 6 really, but they have huge washers there!).

Doug and Allen went to Sam's Club.

Jordan went to the grocery store.

We were done with all errands within 45 min. :)

I dried 2 loads and hung the rest on the line. I had to hang 1/2 and then switch.

Jordan has to work at 2, so we had a cookout early.

We set to putting away the food. Allen made brownies. I made the burgers, chopped veggies and cut the watermelon. Isaac set the table. Doug grilled.

We had a nice meal and then cleaned up.

Doug, Isaac and Allen just left to meet my FIL at the golf course. Jordan will work until 6:30 and I'm going to take a nap.

We'll head to the fairgrounds to watch fireworks with friends this evening.

I am so thankful to all the people that fought for our independence and have fought to defend our independence through the years. Thank you to each and every military family for your sacrafice for our country!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

We haven't done much today. I took a couple of SHORT naps (LOL), organized some more shelves in my scrapbooking room, and we'll head in to the fireworks in a little while. Happy 4th!

Chris said...

Hi Kel--It's been a really busy week--and I know you said you are busy next week. Just thought I'd let ya know that I will be at Andi's Monday if ya can come. They got their pool. Love ya

birthblessed said...

I held a sick baby most of the day-- er, weekend-- and we set up a tent in the backyard for the kids, climbed on the roof to watch what sparse fireworks the neighbors set off. We cooked our usual Friday night pizza.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

We had the worship team from the Contemporary service and our new chaplain and his family over for BBQ...then we went to the lake for fireworks.

I love catching you on the blog again.