Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Iced Mocha

1 1/2 c. strong hot brewed coffee
3T packed light brown sugar
2 T chocolate syrup
1 c. ice cold milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Ice
Whipping cream and shaved chocolate for garnish

Combine the hot coffee and brown sugar in a large measuring cup and stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Stir in chocolate syrup. Chill.

Comebine with 1 c. cold milk, stir and serve over ice.

I double this recipe and store it in the refrigerator in a 1 qt. Mason jar. When I'm ready to drink it, I stir in the milk (I always forget the vanilla) and pour over ice.

I have put it in the blender with ice, but I don't like it that way as well. It separates or something. It is yummy over ice though :)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

YUM! We've been making our own coffees this summer as well to save $$. How long can you store it in the refrigerator? Days or just long enough to cool it?