That's how much time I have left in my home schooling career. SIX MONTHS!! Where have the last 15 years gone? How did these people grow up overnight?
Weren't they cute? I thought they'd stay little a whole lot longer.
But aren't they a great bunch of young men? They make me proud. But I still wonder how the past 15 years have gone by in the blink of an eye.Allen finished his math today. Math in our home school is a thing of the past!! I don't know who was more excited....Allen or me!
I've been feeling quite melancholy this holiday season. The season of my life is changing, and while change is good, I'm not so good at adjusting to it. I know the next season will be just as lovely as soon as I transition into it.
I've already started that transition. I'm training to be a Weight Watcher leader. I'll be heading to Baltimore in a couple weeks for 3 days of intensive training. No stress there right in the middle of December! But I'm looking forward to it.
It is exciting to think about the future and wonder what it will hold. Hopefully more time with Doug, travel, grandchildren and lots of family around. But wow.....this season went really fast, and I'm feeling a little wistful that it is almost over.


7 comments:
The end seems so far for me, but I know it will come fast. I'm so excited that you are becoming a leader! You will make a great one!
Excited you will be training to be a leader. I've so appreciated all the other SL Moms who are facing this end of a journey with me, helpful to see how others are dealing with the transition.
I tried to push the like button--like on ravelry--but there wasn't one. Life goes way to quickly--you are my first born and those years have really flown. You've done great.
Your next season will be as wonderful as the last one was (as wonderful as the cruise). That's so awesome that you are going to be a WW leader! :)Amy
Where DID it go?? Wow. I realized my baby is in 1st grade now....and our 5th is about to graduate. It will go quickly. I need to remember this and spend more time treasuring the moments as they happen. Thanks for the reminder.
So hard to see seasons coming to an end. I like the BEGINNING of seasons better than the ending of seasons!!
Me too, Cynthia. Unless it is winter. I am always happy to say good-bye to winter :)
I am loving the beginning of this season of my kids being adults. I'm trying to enjoy my bursting at the seams house, because I know it will be gone before I know it.
Post a Comment