Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day Ten ~ Last Sea Day

Our last day :(  We slept in until about 8 and had requested breakfast be delivered at 8:30.  We were hopeful we'd be able to eat breakfast on the balcony, and we did....bundled up of course.  We had eggs Benedict and omelets and fruit and pastries and hasbrowns and bacon.  Delicious!!  I loved that we were able to order off of the main dining room menu for breakfast.  The regular room service breakfast menu was not this extensive.  I did my morning weigh in before breakfast, and I notice I keep inching up, but not more than I had room to gain, so that is good.  I was anxious to get home and see what I did weigh.

It was VERY cold and VERY windy.  We wandered and got pictures.  Most people were not outside, so it was like we had the ship to ourselves.  

The first thing we did after breakfast was head down to the photo gallery on deck 3 to make sure all of our pictures were on the disc.  We had to collect them all....and what a sight that was!  We had 140 pictures....a record LOL...and they were all on the disc :)  We talked with Camila and Chavonne for a while and then left to do other stuff.  

This is the 4th deck promenade.  It was usually a quiet place to stroll or sit and relax if you didn't want the business of the pool decks.  We liked to walk out here at night after dinner.
The Solarium....notice the sweatshirts.  It's a sad site. And the lack of sunshine!  I thought we'd spent more time here, but we liked the energy on the pool deck.
We wandered to the kids' and teens' portion of the ship.  The entrance to the arcade.
Deck 14, the sports deck.  This is the only time we were up there. They had putt putt and basketball and roller blading.
And a rock climbing wall.
It is cold and windy and no sun...the pool deck was empty!!
As was deck 12.  It was windy enough that they stacked the lounge chairs so they wouldn't blow around. Not even the die hard walkers were out in this wind.
Dee, our room steward, knew how much I enjoyed the towel animals, so he made the ones I couldn't keep and refreshed the ones I did, and set them on the bed as a surprise for me while making up our room in the morning,.  Aren't they cute?!?
Sadly we had to think about packing.  So we got things organized....I wore almost all of my shoes...all but 1 pair!  This is almost all of them.
Stacking of the clothes out of the drawers and closets.  I triple checked to make sure I got everything, about 5 times lol.  I can safely say we left nothing behind!
Yay!  The sun did come out and visit in the later part of the day.  It was still cold and windy, but the seas were surprisingly calm and the sun was gorgeous!
The monkey and penguin lounging in bed.
The right half of our balcony, taken from the sitting area of our room.  Gorgeous!!  I wish I were there right now.
The only sunset we saw.


Adventure Ocean looks like a fun place for the kids to hang out.
The wake on a surprisingly calm last night at sea.
Passengers hitting up Johnny Rockets one last time.
I have no idea where this is taken from, but it feels so peaceful to me.
We finished packing and went for lunch in the WJ.  I still don't like that place lol.  We napped and then I took a long soak in the tub with one last glass of wine.  We got ready for dinner and put our luggage in the hallway.  It was too sad of a sight to take a picture of.  Then we got ready for dinner and headed to the Champagne Lounge to meet Kathy and Mark for one last pre-dinner drink.

In the dining room the waitstaff and chefs did a parade and sang.
Captain Olav said a few words.
Steve and Connie had dinner in Portofino's, so it was just us with Ken and MaryLou.  We enjoyed a leisurely 2 hour dinner just talking and laughing.  They are truly a wonderful couple.

We had yet another wonderful dinner.  I had spinach dip with tortilla chips, the sirloin with mashed potatoes and asparagus, and a brownie mousse sandwich for dessert, which was DIVINE!!  I just couldn't eat it all though.  Doug had shrimp cocktail, the sirloin and I cannot remember what he had for dessert.

We headed to the theater for the farewell show, and got there about 1/2 way through and sat in the back.  We were hoping to talk with Dwayne and Berry, and we did see Dwayne at the end of the show, but Berry wasn't there.  We never did get to see him to say good-bye.  These two guys made our cruise most enjoyable.

We went to the Chamber for Motown hour and danced a little.  The hotel director came down and was talking to us.  Doug made friends with him at the beach it seems.  He bought us a drink. The DJs bought us a drink.  We were pretty much drinking for free this night.  We sat down there for a good hour and a half.

At 11:30 we had to go to the photo gallery and pick up our CD.  So we did that.

Then we decided to wander the ship. We stopped on deck 8 and took a picture from one of the balconies beside the elevator.  I love this angle of the Royal Promenade.

We rode up further and were in one of the glass elevators.  Earlier in the cruise we happened to be in the elevator after somebody had pushed every single button.  So we stopped on every single floor. And we were alone in the elevator, so I told Doug he had to kiss me at each stop.  So this night I told him he had to kiss me at each floor, even though we didn't stop.  We got to the deck we wanted, and there were Mark and Kathy...they told us to get a room LOL.  We really were acting like newlyweds on this trip. In fact one of the DJs was shocked to find out we've been married 22 years....he guessed 5.  I love that people think that!

Doug took a picture of us from the elevator.
We really didn't want this evening to end.  We knew waking up in the morning we'd be back to reality.  So we got one more drink and sat on the balcony one more time.  It was 1am, the sea was glass, and it was comfortable with a hoodie.  We just sat and talked about this amazing trip.  It was more than I could ever imagine.

We finally went to bed knowing in the morning we'd have to leave.  I was sad about that, but I was counting down to GOOD COFFEE!!!

No comments: