Monday, November 25, 2013

Day Nine ~ At Sea

Today Doug woke up before me and was sitting on the balcony taking pictures.  I missed the rainbow.  So glad he got a picture of it :)

Doug ran to the Concierge Lounge for coffee for me.  Thanks Babe!  We sat on the balcony...it's getting colder....time to bundle in the robe....and planned our day.  Next cruise planning, shopping, hanging at the pool, gathering pictures, dinner, Dizzy's, Maharajahs Lounge for big band night, maybe a nap.  Vacation is nearing an end, and we need to squeeze in as much as we can.....or at least it feels that way.  Definitely the pool because it could be the last hot day we have!



We headed down to the photo gallery to collect picture and buy the scrapbook kit.  We talked to the loyalty ambassador and then decided to hit the pool!  We were right, it's the last great day to be outside.  We spent the majority of the afternoon here.
Tonight is the 2nd formal night, so we left the pool to go get ready.  I took a long bath with a book and a glass of wine....another one of my favorite things about this cruise :)

So we headed for pictures and then dinner.  It's the lobster night...not my favorite.  Actually nothing was really great, and I left dinner hungry tonight.  


Mike and Charlene and us :)


And the photographers are also in the dining room!
We did pictures and then headed upstairs for drinks and appetizers.  I loved the upstairs!  Such a great perk!  Then on to dinner.

The main dining room was hopping tonight.  Lobster night and formal night and nearing the end of the cruise = busy dining room.

So like I said earlier, nothing on the menu appealed to me tonight.  I had poblano pepper soup, which tasted OK but the look of it reminded me of what I found in my baby's diaper.  I also had prime rib and baked Alaska for dessert.  I just wasn't feeling the beef.  The green beans were awesome!  And the baked Alaska was pretty much Neapolitan ice cream with browned meringue on it.  Ehh....not my favorite.

So after dinner Doug and I changed and headed to the Maharajas Lounge for big band night.  We were hoping to dance.  The band was awesome...but not stuff we like to dance to.  So we sat for about 30 minutes and watched other people and ordered drinks.

We then headed to Dizzy's and The Chamber and back up going back to the room to be alone.

Doug ran to the Cafe for pizza and cookies....because I was HUNGRY since I didn't really eat my dinner.  We sat on the balcony and had snacks and talked.  And like ya'll know.....it is one of my favorite parts of this trip....sitting alone with my sweetie.




No comments: