This is a sad, sad day. Time to go home. We got up and went out on the balcony....FREEZING! It was in the 30s. So not in the Caribbean any more.
We headed to the Windjammer for one last breakfast. We sat near a window and watched while we neared the city and the bridge. We finished up breakfast and headed outside to watch Explorer go under the bridge and back to the city. We had planned to head back to the room for our coats first, but there wasn't time. It was COLD!
We went back to our room, bundled up and sat on the balcony one last time. Doug snapped a few pictures while heading into port.
It was very cold out this morning!
While heading back to our room, we ran into Mike. Must have a picture!
This is how I feel about having to leave the ship.
We hung out and talked and checked in at home and checked out Facebook and email. And then it was time to go :( We got separated from Steve and Michaela at this point. It would have been smoother if we hadn't, but it worked out in the end.
We head down to Deck 1, get on the little bus to go back to the port, and arrive where the luggage is. Whew....we found all of our pieces. I gathered them together, and Doug sat with them while I stood in line for a porter. Finally got the porter, and he breezed us through the customs line. We breezed through customs and then went outside to wait for our driver. And Steve and Michaela. They had a very hard time getting an elevator, but once they did they were breezed through the customs line, too.
Our driver was there and then Steve and Michaela and then load up and back to the hotel to get our cars and head home.
Our driver was there and then Steve and Michaela and then load up and back to the hotel to get our cars and head home.
So long Explorer. It's been a great time!
There was an accident on the NJ turnpike and traffic was backed up, so Doug found a different route to get started home. After that little bit of a snafu, we were on our way.
We stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel; may as well end vacation the way we started it, right? I got out of the car and walked through a pile of leaves and then my allergies realized we were home....oh fun lol.
We stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel; may as well end vacation the way we started it, right? I got out of the car and walked through a pile of leaves and then my allergies realized we were home....oh fun lol.
Lunch and back in the car and a nap for me. After I woke up I started to get excited to be home. I was going to get good coffee....we stopped at Starbucks on the way home....and see my boys and my girl and my doggies and sleep in my own bed. I love vacation, and I love coming home to my people.
It was a really fabulous vacation. It wasn't always what my expectations thought it should be. And I learned to be flexible, which is not a strong suit of mine, and good things are coming from that. I really love cruising and cannot wait to do it again!









No comments:
Post a Comment