The days are really running together now! I woke up about 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I headed out to the balcony....surprised, aren't ya? I watched the sun come up and wrote in the journal. I woke Doug about 6:15. He ordered breakfast. We ate and got things together for our excursion today with Steve and Michaela. We're going on a 6 hour catamaran sail with 2 beach breaks and a lobster lunch. It's a gorgeous day and promises to be a great time!
Chillin' while we pull into port!
Some of the views while docking.
View of the bridge wing from our balcony.
Our excursion was pretty early, so we gathered up our towels and sunscreen and headed to the pier to wait.
Hi Antigua....nice to meet you :)
It was just a short walk from the pier to the catamaran. We boarded and waited to set sail.
Before long we were on our way. We sailed past Explorer. So long Explorer.....see you in 6 hours :)
We sailed for about 20 minutes before hitting the first small beach. As we went, the crew would point out interesting things.
We arrived at the first stop and they beached the boat. We spent an hour at this small beach. I was surprised to find people there selling their wares. They were rather pushy. That is the only negative I have about this excursion. It wasn't cheap, and I didn't apperciate spending an hour dodging these pushy people.
The beach was gorgeous. We walked until we found a bit of shade. There was a swing in the trees. Perfect photo op.
We swam for a while. The water was clear and warm and just fabulous! Doug didn't remember his rag in his pocket until we were already in the water. Not much use now, huh?
The beach was really pretty. I love watching the waves wash up onshore. And the little flowers were pretty. And the views were gorgeous.
We left the beach after an hour or so, and sailed around the island for a couple hours. As we pulled away, we noticed goats up on the hill.
So pretty! And people playing in the water.
And the rum punch started flowing. I learned my lesson last time and limited myself to one cup (for real) now and 1/2 of one after lunch.
The wake is pretty!
Before long they fired up the grill, set up the buffet and brought out tables for our lunch. They grilled lobster tails and jerk chicken. The buffet had roast potatoes, black eyed peas and rice, steamed veggies and a salad. It was yummy. Champagne was also served with lunch.
They let down the ladder so you could swim while waiting for lunch.
After lunch they sailed to the 2nd beach. It was too rough to beach the boat, so they dropped whomever wanted to be on the beach there, told them they had an hour, and sailed out a bit to anchor and let whomever wanted swim off the boat. Doug, Steve and Michaela did that. I was tired, and it was hot and the sun is wearing me out, so I rested in the shade.
And then it was time to sail back to the port. The crew put on music and passed out drinks and I was waiting for the party to start....only....it didn't. This group was pretty much a dud on the party on the way back front. Michele, Doug and I decided it was the excursion for the assisted living ..... or something. Maybe 6 hours in the sun is too long and everybody was exhausted?
We arrived back at the port a little before 3. We had heard of some awesome ice cream, and the crew pointed us in the right direction. Australian Ice Cream. It was DIVINE!
Then we thought we'd do a little shopping. But it was hot, and stinky, so we went back to the ship to have a snack, a shower and a nap. I napped a whole lot on this trip. This drummer greeted us on our way back to the ship.
After we rested, we got ready for dinner. And since we were in port, pictures weren't until 7:30. This night we planned to have dinner on our balcony. Doug placed our order before we headed upstairs for pre-dinner drinks.
Dinner on the balcony is nice, and relaxing, and romantic and so much faster than if we were in the MDR since they bring everything all at once. Sudeer set the table with a white table cloth and set out our appetizers on the balcony. We asked him to leave the tray with the rest of the food on the bar and we'd serve it ourselves.
This is how above and beyond he went in his service to us, and why we requested him each time we called room service, although halfway through we'd give our room number, and they would say, "Oh, Sudeer's room." He noticed we didn't order any beverages, so he brought us each a glass of ice tea and cranberry juice. He also brought a couple snack size bags of potato chips for a snack later. He did the same at breakfast when I didn't order coffee. He'd bring coffee anyway. He noticed the little things.
So what did we order for dinner? I had jalapeno potato soup, asparagus quiche and chocolate sensation. Doug had meatballs, tortellini and creme brulee. They also brought a plate with several cheese rolls and savory bites. But no butter...strange. We also opened a bottle of champagne.
We had asked Anil the night before how to get the dinner shooter. He said to leave that up to him. And he knew that Sudeer is our room service guy, so he made arrangements with him to bring our shooters to us about half an hour after we had dinner. Great Service! So we didn't miss out. And Anil made sure our shot glass color was the same as Steve and Michaela.
Since we were finished with dinner before 9, we headed out for pictures and then came back for our shots.
We were on Deck 5 having our pictures taken (they set up outside the dining rooms) when the gang walked by on their way to dinner. Greg saw us having our pictures taken and photo bombed us.
This morning Helen told us our pictures were looking pretty much the same and we should tell Misha that we'd like to use props. And this is what he came up with......
And without the purple crayon.......
Tonight is the pool party! And the reason I laid off the rum punch.....I didn't want to miss it. It was So. Dang. Much. Fun! Steve and Michaela joined us for a bit, but they had a really early excursion in the morning. And we had decided to change our plans and were going to sleep in, so we didn't care how late we stayed out.
Lots of people were dancing and having a great time!
So there was a row of chairs right below where we were standing. Doug, accidentally, dropped the top of his pineapple on the people below us. That guy did not think it was funny.....not at all. He was OK after Doug apologized. We had drank enough by that point....to think it was a little funny. See how his pineapple is kind of hanging over their heads.....oops......
They set up a huge buffet that serves at 11pm at the pool party. We did not eat anything. The band played for a good long while, and then DJ Savio took over. We left about 12:15 and headed to the room. I took my pineapple with me. I don't know why....we tossed it in the morning. But there you go.
And I was hungry since we didn't have any food at the buffet, so Doug stopped for paninis and cookies at the Cafe. We sat on the balcony and laughed and ate and made plans for the next day.
This was a really fun, fun day. A six hour excursion is a little long for me, and I had had way too much sun, and St. Kitts was stop 5 in a row and I was tired. So we headed to bed with not many plans for the morning.

















No comments:
Post a Comment