Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day Four ~ Labadee

We LOVE Labadee and were looking forward to this being our first stop.  We woke up to hot and sunny while pulling into the pier!


 I'm ready to go!!

We got ready and headed out.  First we had breakfast in the WJ.  It is a MAD HOUSE in there.  That is one Grand Suite perk I miss...having room service bring me hot breakfast to enjoy on the balcony.

We picked up towels and bottled water on the way off the ship.  We stopped for pictures when we made it off the pier.  It was HOT and a long walk for Doug since his knees were hurting.

We decided to go to Nellie's Beach.  Previously we'd only been on Barefoot Beach with a cabana, which is a grand suite perk...another perk I miss.  Nellie's was much more crowded than Barefoot.  But we had a great time anyway!  We found 2 chairs under a tree and rented 2 mats so we could float in the gorgeous ocean.

Labadee is a simply gorgeous paradise!  We floated in the ocean for a while, and then I got out to browse the straw market.  I wanted some artwork for our bedroom walls.  I found 2 incredible paintings.  I also bought a bottle of Rhum for Jordan, and had a sample of it.  Very good.  So I bought a bottle of spiced for us.  By this time Doug was with me, so we both sampled.  Very good.

It was time for lunch, so we stood in line at the picnic buffet area.  The food was really good.  The only things that we didn't have that we did have on Barefoot Beach was grilled shrimp and steak.  Again, it was crowded.  I much prefer Barefoot beach.

After lunch we went back and floated in the water for quite a while longer.  Before this trip I told Doug he should meet some people that live close to us.  And he did!  Floating on a mat in the ocean talking about the snow back home, he met Sue who lives in Canfield!  Dave and Sue are such a fun couple and we spent quite a bit of time with them over the rest of the cruise.
After we were finished in the ocean, we walked around and took pictures and found Caprice, who Doug met on the first trip.  Labadee is gorgeous!!








 Catching a ride back to the ship!


Then the long, hot walk up the pier to the coolness of the ship.  We went to the room to shower and change, got a snack at the Park Cafe and found a lounger in the shade on the pool deck and ordered mudslides and settled in to wait for the band and sail away!  We are having a marvelous vacation.  I have to say this is the perfect trip.  The weather has been amazing and being along with Doug has been restorative to my tired soul.  

I went up to the room to start getting ready for dinner while Doug sat on the pool deck talking with Dave and Joan.  After Doug came back to the room and was ready for dinner, we headed to the photo gallery to collect photos and find out the schedule for the night.  We had about an hour before they started, so we went to the R Bar for a drink and to listen to the live music.  The band was really good. But it was ballroom music from 5-9 every single night of the week.  We would have liked a little variety.  And the people that were dancing....they were SERIOUS about their dancing!  But the drinks were good and the chairs comfy and the people watching pretty fun.

After a while we headed out to have our pictures taken.  Aveshake is the photographer that we are really liking, along with Willie.  Doug called him "Shake".  He took some great shots, and then we headed off to dinner.

I LOVE this picture!  So sweet.
 The black and white poses were fun.
 Although we thought Willie was posing us in really strange positions.  When we saw the pictures, we realized he was posing us to make it look like we were leaning on the railings of the staircase in the backdrop.  Cool!

 LOVE this picture!!

Then off to dinner.  Roshmann sat us at our usual table for 2 by the window with Robet and Vikash.  And it was Italian night!  I LOVE Italian night.

I had the caprese salad, eggplant parm and tiramisu.  Doug had shrimp cocktail, garlic soup, lasagna and caramel bread pudding.  The dinner shooter was butter nipple!  Our favorite!

Dinner alone is one of the highlights of my day.

After dinner we had about 90 minutes until the Love & Marriage show, so we sat on the pool deck for a while and then to deck 6 centrum to wait and then headed to the theater to wait, and wait, and wait for the show to let out so we could get a seat.

Finally it was time to head in.  We were in the balcony where they have little love seats.  We sat together, which I loved.  We sat next to a couple married 53 years from Canada and on the other side of them was a couple on their honeymoon.  We could have had our own Love & Marriage show right there.

The 3 couples in the show consisted of the newlyweds that were married on the beach that day, so were married 7 hours at that point, a couple married 25 years and Dick and Dorothy who were married 67 years.  Let me tell you, that Dick is amazing!  We'd see him doing the Zumba class on the pool deck and dancing before dinner and dancing after dinner.  His energy put me to shame.  They were the most darling couple.

The cruise director, Mitch, who normally was quite boring did a really good Love & Marriage Show.  He asked every couple a different question until the final bonus question, which they all answered the same one.  The show was hilarious!

After this show we went to the VCL.  It was so very loud and not our type of music, so we took our drinks, said good-night to Stephanie and headed to our balcony to enjoy our drinks.  We had another towel animal tonight :)


I also soaked in the tub while Doug called room service.  We had a snack and then headed to bed.  The day started at 6:30 and we were up until after 1 am and were planning to sleep in in the morning.  San Juan is the next day, but not until 2:30, and we don't have many plans.  Again, another amazing day!!  I'd love if this trip never ended.

No comments: