Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day Nine ~ At Sea

We woke up about 8, and after 8 amazingly beautiful days we woke up to gray and drizzle.  We hoped it would clear up.  It never did.

Doug was glad we slept long enough for him to get pre-breakfast in the Park Cafe.  We enjoyed that on the balcony and planned our day.

We went to the WJ for real breakfast and shared a table with Dave and Joan, which is lovely.  They are a very nice couple.  Oatmeal, bacon, coffee and of course mimosa.  Doug had an omelette from the omelette station most days.  He really enjoyed that.

We collected our pictures and tried to find somewhere to sit in the centrum.  The weather was cloudy and it was very windy!  So there was nowhere to sit.  We went to the 8th deck to sit by the centrum, but it was quite warm.  So we tried the pool deck back under deck 10, but it was so windy.  So we sat in the South Pacific lounge.  It was the first time we were in there.  It's a nice place.   There was a tango dance lesson happening, so we kind of watched that.  I read some.  Doug played a game in his phone.  I was starting to feel a little motion sickness, but nothing like I felt on Explorer.  I was very pleasantly surprised that I felt so little movement on this ship.

About 12:15 we headed to  Giovanni's for lunch.  We had such a great time at dinner last night that we thought we'd give lunch a go.  It is a $15 per person cover.  We had some on board credit to use up, so why not?  And for that you can choose an appetizer, soup, pasta, entree and dessert!  We didn't need that much food.

I had a caprese salad while Doug had the Caesar salad.  We shared the gnocchi with blue cheese sauce and both ordered lasagna.  It was AMAZING!  We talked with Petya for quite a while since there was hardly anybody in here.  We had tiramisu for dessert and coffee for me.  It was SO good!  I wish we would have done this more during the cruise.

It was about 1:30, so we headed back to the room for a long nap.The Quest was this night, and didn't start until 10:45, so we needed that nap. I woke up about 4 and took a bath with a glass of wine.  I have a hair appt. for an up-do for our last formal night, so I washed and dried my hair.  Doug was still sleeping when I left for my hair appt., so I set the alarm just in case I was late getting back.

My hair turned out really nice, although I wish it had a little more volume at the crown. But I loved the back!
Doug was awake when I got back after my hair appt.  So I did my makeup and we got all dressed up and set out for pictures.  There were 5 photo stations this night.  It was hot and crowded!  But we hit all of the stations.







We waited in the centrum for dinner.  Roshmann wanted to give us our table for 2 by the window, but since it was lobster night the dining room was packed and people were taking their time.  At 8:15 he came out and got us and said he had a table for us set for 2...it was an 8 top at the rail LOL.  We did enjoy sitting there and looking down at the people on the lower deck of the dining room.  Although it did feel strange sitting at such a big table by ourselves.  But we were happy to be in Robet and Vikash's section since we were dining in Chops the next night.  We wanted to thank them for making our cruise so enjoyable and give them an extra tip.  We did pre-pay our gratuities, but we felt like they went above and beyond, so we wanted to show our appreciation.  We did have our picture taken with our amazing dining room staff this night.

Dinner was so-so tonight. I  did have a peach soup which was amazing.  Doug had shrimp cocktail and we shared a mushroom puffed pastry, which isn't what we were expecting.  Doug had prime rib, which he said was awesome.  I had 3 cheese tortellini, which was ok.  Doug had baked Alaska for dessert and I had another amazing souffle with a vanilla sauce.  So Yum!

After dinner we went to the VCL to talk with Stephanie while it was quiet.  We had a couple buttery nipples (butterscotch schnaps and baileys) and a slippery nipple (mint and baileys).  That wasn't my favorite.

We went to change and headed to the South Pacific Lounge for the Quest.  It was PACKED for Karaoke.  Thankfully Dave and Sue got there in time to get a table for 4. It was in the back, so it was hard to see.  And Mitch is pretty boring anyway.  I did participate when they asked for a women with a piercing not in her ears. I have a nose piercing.  The people on our team were young!  You can't tell me they didn't have any body piercings.  So I ran up there.

After the Quest we went to the Park Cafe for burgers and fries.  Dave and Sue didn't join us.  I think they went to the casino?  After our snack we got mudslides and headed to the cabin and the fabulous balcony.  The weather was clearing up, but it was still windy and a little rough.  It was nearly midnight so we headed to bed.  We did turn the clocks back tonight, so we got extra sleep :)

It was a lovely day, even with the crummy weather.  Day 9 and it was the first bad weather we had.  We were blessed with amazing weather!!


No comments: