We woke up about 6:309 to a gorgeous sunrise and calm seas. The air is cooler, but not cold. I am comfortable on the balcony with a robe (and socks). It is supposed to be calm, sunny and near 70. I'll take it for our last day!
We had pre-breakfast and planned our day. The plan was to eat real breakfast in the WJ. But after walking through the entire place 3 times and finding no table and nobody friendly enough to ask to join them, we decided to go to the dining room. First I snagged my mimosa. The dining room was nice. We sat with 3 other couples, one of which we were with in the VCL the night before. I had eggs Benedict, which I had been hoping to have the entire time, so it worked out great.
We collected our pictures and I ran them up to the room and headed to deck 4 to read for a while. We talked to people as they passed by. After a while we went to sit on our balcony for a while. It was so sunny and felt so good! The sea is choppy with white caps, but the ship is smooth sailing :)
After a while we decided to pack and get it out of the way. That took about an hour. It isn't as fun to pack to go home as it is to pack to head out on vacation.
After packing we lunched in the WJ so we could see Vikash one last time. Then we went to the Solarium Bar to sit and talk with Stephanie and have a few drinks. Then we headed to the room to relax and nap before dinner in Chops this night. It has been the perfect last day so far!
So after napping we got ready for dinner and headed down to the next cruise desk and booked something for next year. Not sure if we can swing that with a wedding, but we have until Sept. to cancel or move the booking. But it is a good deal to book on board and get on board credit!
We went to the Schooner Bar for pre-dinner drinks. I had a chocolate martini. Why didn't I try that earlier in the cruise? Then we went to Chops. It was amazing, again! I had the same things, but for dessert had the warm chocolate cake. I also tried the crab and shrimp cake. YUM! The food is presented in such a gorgeous way. I don't know why we never took pictures of the food.
After dinner we went to the VCL to see Stephanie and give her a Wow card. We had chocolate martinis and buttery nipples. We had planned to meet Dave and Sue in the centrum for the Revel show, but it was crowded and I wasn't up for it. So we stayed in the VCL for a couple hours mostly by ourselves. Although at one point a young guy was there and he gave us lessons on how to grow our own marijuana plants! Good Gravy!
About midnight we said good-bye to Stephanie and her sister Debbie (also a bar server) and headed to the cabin for our final sleep on the ship. We set the alarm for 5:30 so we could be at the WJ when they opened at 6 and have time to pack up our final stuff. Louis had delivered our alcohol, all 15 bottles of it!, and we needed to figure out how to pack that, too.
It was a lovely last day to end an amazing, amazing cruise!
No comments:
Post a Comment