Monday, December 17, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

We started getting snow yesterday about 1:30. We went to our prayer Christmas party at 2 and when we left at 5:30, we had about 3 inches!

Doug shoveled the driveway last night when we got home. See the huge fluffy flakes falling? Aren't they beautiful?

And then it just kept snowing overnight. Here is Allen shoveling this morning!

Just the view off my front stoop. The shrubery is under the awning! When you look across the street, the nieghbor's first 2 porch steps are under snow! I am sure their 2 little boys are going to have a blast today!


It isn't very wet, so not very good packing snow! It is SO weird to look out at our front trees and see snow on them. They still have leaves on them :::snort:::

I love snow. It is so peaceful to look out at freshly fallen snow. And another great thing about snow is that the tiny little bit of light that is out there reflects and it seems brighter :)

What is the weather where you are? Are you expecting a white Christmas?

5 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like we are expecting a very white Christmas--that is unless it rains and melts it all. Now can you imagine if it was doint that and we were having Christmas at my house. I had to drive to and from work in that mess and it was very scary. Can't wait to see ya Thurs.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hi, there! Linked over from your Mom's blog. I am a Christian want-to-stayhome Mom... does that count? ha ha... I'd like to stay home, but we're not in that position yet.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Pretty - I think it's snowing everywhere but hear.

Cynthia said...

We're hoping for snow here, but I don't know if it'll come or not. They're predicting flurries over the next couple of days, but no accumulation to speak of.

I'm a bit jealous of your view. It just doesn't seem like Christmas without snow.

Emily said...

We are in Indiana spending the holiday's at my sister's house. The snow has been falling for the last 3 hours here . . the kids are loving it.