Sunday, January 13, 2008

We had a FABULOUS weekend!

We were supposed to go to IL for the weekend. Doug's company Christmas dinner was yesterday. We decided not to do that, but since we already farmed the kids out to Gramma and the in-laws, we made other plans (Thanks guys :)

Friday we went to Panera Bread for dinner and just sat there talking. No need to rush around. We also browsed the mall for a bit to kill time. Then we went dancing. The band we heard for the first time last week was playing close to our home, so we went. Doug already met the entire band, so they came to talk to us and ask him for sound advice LOL. That man is funny. It was nice to meet and talk with new people. I like Savoy's music selection (the band Doug helps) better, but this band is GOOD!

We came home late and slept in. Saturday morning we went to my dear friend's memorial service. It was the MOST touching service I've ever been a part of. Then we drove over to PA to stay at a hotel. We planned to swim, but the pool was SWARMING! with kids. So we hopped into the in-room jacuzzi instead. Normally kids aren't a problem, but I wasn't up for all the splashing! I just sat in there for about 45 min. letting the jets hit my sore muscles. Man what I wouldn't give to have a whirlpool tub like that at home. I'd feel SO much better. Then we took a nice, long nap. We woke up about 6:30 and ordered in pizza. Doug went to get it and the band was already there setting up. Savoy played the lounge, so that is nice. The lounge was so crowded, so we didn't dance as much as we'd like to, but we had a great time!

So we had pizza and went dancing. We slept in again this morning. Then had a liesurely breakfast down in the atrium. They have the nicest breakfast buffet, included with the room, on Sundays. We came back up and I soaked in the tub again. I want a whirlpool tub with jets at home! I need to soak in there every night. It felt so much less pain and slept so much better!

We're home now. We went grocery shopping on the way home. Doug is napping since he has to leave for work. I'm finishing up his laundry, made 3 loaves of banana bread so he could have some for work, prepped and packed his food.

So that was our weekend. What did you do??

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry you didn't get to go to the dinner--but really glad you had a nice weekend. Was the service for the friend with Cancer? So sad, so sorry.

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend getaway.