Friday night we were waiting for Doug to get home. It was late and he barely made it, but called about 10 to say he made it in the nick of time, was going to unload his truck and head home.
About 10:30 he called to tell me he was in an accident. He was turning left at an intersection with a green turn arrow. A drunk driver blew through the light coming the other way and hit him head on. Doug is OK. His pickup is totaled UGH.
The police arrested the drunk driver and then searched his truck and found a loaded gun. Before the police happened upon the accident, the man was yelling at Doug not to call the police. Thankfully they happened upon the accident just minutes after it happened and thankfully this man did not freak out and start shooting!
Doug called me and I went to get him and took him to the ER. We spent 5 hours there to find out his spinal xrays are fine PTL! We got home about 4am.
Saturday morning Doug was stiff and sore in his neck and upper back. My entire body was sore. Five hours in the ER chairs did not bode well for me. I think I feel worse than Doug!
He's at the doctor right now for follow-up and hopefully to get a full-release to return to work in the morning.
He's going to wherever it is they towed his pickup to clean it out and take pictures. All the boys want to go along LOL.
Saturday and Sunday was spent doing a few errands and relaxing around the house.
Isaac was in a bowlign tournament on Saturday. As of Saturday evening his team was in first place. Not sure how the Sunday teams bowled or what his placement is now, though.
I hope your weekend was better than ours :)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am so glad that your husband is okay! What a scary experience. Hope you both get to feeling better soon.
Laura in MO/SHS
Wow! God had his hands on him huh!
So Thankful he is doing ok,and I hope you feel better soon.
I really don't know what happened with my dough,but it wasn't working,hmmm,maybe I'll try it again,I have to say,that was the best soup I have ever made though.
I sure wish we lived closer to you guys,I have 2 boys who I homeschool,one is 14 and one is 17,they need some good kids to hang out with.
Have a blessed day,Dustie
Kel, God knows what to send as soon as we need it, including the police at the scene of an accident. Glad that Doug is as good as he is. Truck looks like it took a pretty hard bump though Grndmb
How awful! Praise God he is OK!
So glad he's ok! Drunk drivers... ERRRRRR... we have a friend who was hit by one this summer...
Post a Comment