It's almost Christmas!
Are you ready?
This year I decided that I was NOT going to be all stressed over Christmas. If something didn't get done, it didn't get done.
It has also been a very lean year as far as money for gifts, so we decided no gifts. We didn't think we'd even have gifts for the kids, but at the last minute we were blessed with GC from annonymous people and we had a little extra that we didn't know we were going to have.
So I went Christmas shopping on Thursday and had a great time! You get great deals the week before Christmas. I don't know if I'll ever want to be done early again LOL.
I also cut back my baking. I usually make double and triple batches of 20-30 kinds of cookies. I also usually sell them; we don't eat all of those ourselves :::snort::: This year I decided no selling and little baking and only single batches. I'll tell ya, baking goes much faster when you are only making 5 or 6 dozen at a time! I did 10 kinds and quit. I have 8 more kinds on the list, but you know, I'm just done. And that is OK!
I really determined that this year I was not going to run ragged and crash in January. So far so good. It's a good feeling to be able to relax this week and not be all stressed over things I thought were oh so important, but really aren't.
The important things are remembering why we celebrate Christmas. Christ's birth. The savior coming to earth so that he could fulfill God's will of dying for us. What an awesome thing to celebrate.
5 comments:
Kelly, I am so glad that you are finally learning. grndmb12
Good for you! I kind of did the same this year, giving myself permission to just get done what I got done, instead of a batch of some candy or another each day for the whole month (frozen to share with neighbors). With our crunched school year and 1st trimester, that was not an option. It's been incredibly freeing.
Merry Christmas Kel-- See ya Friday.
I'm proud of you. I "did" more but it was DIFFERENT...said no to things that stress me and YES to family fun. LOL
Dropping by to say Merry Christmas.
We didn't do any baking at all this year and we also didn't do several other things we normally do. Now I'm looking back and thinking I really missed some of the things we used to do (LOL) so I'll probably be reconsidering some of the changes next year.
I used to shop ahead all the time, but the last few years I've really enjoyed getting out in the hustle/bustle with the girls. I suppose now that they are older it makes a difference.
Post a Comment