Of Christmas Ornaments and Emaginary Friends
For the past several years I have been part of an ornament exchange on the SHS Yahoo Group. I missed it this year (for unknown reasons Yahoo didn't want me to be a part of this particular group, but I have since remedied that :) ).
For the past several years I have been part of an ornament exchange on the SHS Yahoo Group. I missed it this year (for unknown reasons Yahoo didn't want me to be a part of this particular group, but I have since remedied that :) ). So not wanting to miss out on the fun, I organized an ornament exchange on the Sonlight forums. Thirty-five women signed up to send ornaments to friends that they have never met.
I received my ornament yesterday for a gal that lives in Florida. Isn't it adorable? Each stocking has one of our names on it! It made my day to open the box and find such a thoughtful gift inside. Thank you momof3kiddos for such an awesome ornament. My whole family is thrilled.
So that brings me to emaginary friends. I never thought I'd feel so attached to ladies I've never met. But having the opportunity to laughing, cry, pray, mourn and rejoice with women really does bring a bonding, doesn't it?
I've had the pleasure to meet quite a few of my "emaginary" friends. Many have become in-real-life friends. I feel very blessed to have found friendship and support in such a way that past generations would never have dreamed.
Have you made "emaginary" friends? How about have the great pleasure to meet them face to face? I challenge you to blog about your experiences. Don't forget to leave a comment here so I can come and read about them :)
5 comments:
I LOVE that ornament! It is SO CUTE! If you have the email address for the lady who sent it to you will you ask permission to give it to me so I can ask her where she found the ornament so I can order one? I would love one to commemorate our many trips to FL!
Oh.. and sorry you missed out on our SHS exchange, but so glad it prompted you to start one with another group. It's SO MUCH FUN!
::waving::
One of your long-term emaginary friends signing in! It's been almost 10 years, can you believe it?!?!
LOVE the ornament!!!
Wow--I am famous! I don't think I have ever been blogged about before:-)
Love that ornament! Have made a few close emaginary friends but not met them in person--and all because I started blogging--thx for that Kel. Merry Christmas
Post a Comment