Friday, January 09, 2009

Today is my brother's birthday.

Here are a couple pictures of pictures. I don't have a scanner, so ignore the fuzzy quality. Taking pictures of pictures is not the best way to share them LOL. The first one is one of his graduation pictures. The second one is at my wedding with my sisters and me.

He would have be 37 years old today. But he isn't. Sadly he was in a tragic accident that took his life when he was 21 years old.

It's so strange that my brother will always, forevermore, in my memory be 21 years old. Forever youthful, young and vibrant. He was a cutie, he was. The girls all thought so too.
Today I was wandering through my memories and thinking of my brother. My mom and dad had 4 children, in less than 4 years. I was 3 for about am month after my youngest sister was born. There were 3 girls and a boy. Jon was the third born. He was a dare devil. My mom has stories to tell that would make any mother's heart jump with fear!
I remember when we were little, and we'd polish Jon's fingernails and do up his hair. I'm sure that wasn't on the top of his list of things to do LOL.

He was terrified of spiders. We used to force him to watch this spider movie. I cannot remember what it was called, but it was about tarantulas taking over. Weren't we mean?
So today I am fondly thinking about Jon and feeling sad that he is not here to know my kids. You never know what life is going to throw at you. Love the ones you love and enjoy every minute with them.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Nice post Kel. Thx for remembering. I thought of him all day while I was taking down the tree--but could not bring myself to blog about it. love ya

Kelly said...

I bet you'd have much better pictures. I was looking for some from when we were little, and couldn't find them. I know I have some.

I thought about you, too :::hug:::

Anonymous said...

I guess we all miss that lovable guy. He always made sure that he gave his grandma a hug and kiss no matter where he was or who was there. I miss him very much. Thanks for the post. Love. Grndmb

Linda said...

I also lost my brother at the age of 21 in a motorcycle accident. It was not his fault, but no helmet laws, so...

Theresa in WV said...

Thanks for sharing a glimpse, Kelly.