Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I've been such a bad blogger!

I'm so sorry to be neglecting my blog. Doug has a new work schedule and isn't home a whole lot. So I am solely in charge of running kids here, there and everywhere :)

Our schedule has been so irradic. I really need to get into a groove. Other than Mondays, there is no schedule to our days and it is making me kinda batty! I haven't been cooking for my kids, other than hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken on the grill if they are lucky, or some frozen pizza. I need to get back into preparing meals regularly. I've been eating about 90% raw, so a huge salad or a bowl of watermelon and I am good to go :)

Yesterday we went to the beach with my inlaws and 11 year old nieces. We had an awesome time! Jordan, Allen and my FIL sat in the shade and played cards for 4 hours. Did I mention it was HOT! About 97* with 90% humidity. My MIL and I alternated between sitting on the beach watching the kids and wading out into the lake up to our chests and talking out there. The water was SO nice! It had to have been 85*. It was lovely and I had a nice time fellowshipping with my sweet MIL.

The kids have been volunteering at VBS this week. It is SO strange that they are all old enough to volunteer. I remember when Allen cried because he wasn't old enough to go with his brothers. Oh...they grow up TOO fast!

I've been planning school and figuring out what curriculum to purchase. Now I just need God to supply the money. I'm trying not to get all freaked out! I know it will work out.

I'm excited about the things we'll be using. I think I'll blog about that next. Yep, the kids are at VBS right now and I've got some down time.

I was going over my list of books for the summer reading challenge and realize I've read 12 books and am working on #13! since June 5th! I just love summer when I have so much more time to read :) I need to take a break from the fluff and read something with some substance! But I'm in the middle of 3 series and I want to finish them all before school LOL......

OK...I'll post next about our curriculum.....

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

You've sure been reading a LOT of books! No wonder you don't have time to blog.

How fun that you were able to spend time at the beach with your inlaws! Sounds like a very nice time. We LOVE going to the beach.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I think you are the reading queen! LOL