We had a fabulous day on Saturday (the whole weekend actually). We got up Saturday morning and decided to head over to Cook Forest, PA for the day. We packed some food, some chairs and were off :)
We found a great table by the river with a grill. Doug grilled burgers and dogs. We sat around and enjoyed the wonderful smell of being in the forest. Jordan sat at the table reading while Isaac and Allen waded in the river. We watched everybody canoeing and tubing down the river. It was so nice.
After we ate and were cleaning up, we were just watching everybody in the river. About 5 yards up the river a church was holding a baptism service. It was such a beautiful place to be baptised. We just watched them. I was talking to a lady in the restroom before this and she told me her church was there doing a service. She was getting baptised and was SO excited! I was excited for her :)
Afterwards we went to play putt-putt and pet the horses at the stable. I can't believe I didn't take pictures of the horses.
We then drove up to Seneca point. It is SO gorgeous up there. Afterwards, Isaac and I walked a couple trails through the forest while Doug and Allen relaxed by the river. Jordan finished his book and was able to spend time with us after that :)
We went for ice cream, and then a drive around the river and the fire tower road looking at deer.
We stopped at Ridge Campground to use the bathroom before the drive home and ran into friends we haven't seen in 4 years. So we had a very nice visit with them before heading back home.
It was an absolutely gorgeous day! It was SO nice just to "be" as a family and not have to run here, there and everywhere else.
Here are some pictures in no particular order :)
We found a great table by the river with a grill. Doug grilled burgers and dogs. We sat around and enjoyed the wonderful smell of being in the forest. Jordan sat at the table reading while Isaac and Allen waded in the river. We watched everybody canoeing and tubing down the river. It was so nice.
After we ate and were cleaning up, we were just watching everybody in the river. About 5 yards up the river a church was holding a baptism service. It was such a beautiful place to be baptised. We just watched them. I was talking to a lady in the restroom before this and she told me her church was there doing a service. She was getting baptised and was SO excited! I was excited for her :)
Afterwards we went to play putt-putt and pet the horses at the stable. I can't believe I didn't take pictures of the horses.
We then drove up to Seneca point. It is SO gorgeous up there. Afterwards, Isaac and I walked a couple trails through the forest while Doug and Allen relaxed by the river. Jordan finished his book and was able to spend time with us after that :)
We went for ice cream, and then a drive around the river and the fire tower road looking at deer.
We stopped at Ridge Campground to use the bathroom before the drive home and ran into friends we haven't seen in 4 years. So we had a very nice visit with them before heading back home.
It was an absolutely gorgeous day! It was SO nice just to "be" as a family and not have to run here, there and everywhere else.
Here are some pictures in no particular order :)
Jordan reading while Doug grilled
Jordan sitting on a rock by Seneca Point parking lot. Wish we could see his eyes.
My guys at Seneca Point. Isn't the view behind them gorgeous?
The view from Seneca Point.
I love how the water sounds babbling over the rocks.
Doug and me at Seneca Point.





6 comments:
Love the pics! You have a lvoely family. :-)
I haven't caught up with you for so long; I used to read your blog often over at homeschool blogger.
I have been working five days a week for the last few months which didn't leave much time for real life - now I'm decreasing my hours so I may get more time to catch up with my blog and the friends I made through it!
I'm bookmarking you so I can find you again!
Alice (flapjacks at homeschoolblogger.com
Sounds like a perfect day. What was Jordan reading? ::snort:: I get like that too. Some gorgeous scenery up your way....
De'Etta, Jordan was reading The 3rd Degree by James Patterson. He wants to read the whole series, but the first 2 have too much sex in them. I really wish they would leave that stuff out.
He now wants to move onto the 4th one, but I've not read it yet, so he has to wait. He's reading a Mary Higgins Clark book now. Then he'll read something in the blood series (which is a Christian series and I can't remember who wrote it). He loves Ted Dekker...he's his absolute favorite. And strangely, Karen Kingsbury!
Yes, it is gorgeous in Western PA! Absolutely gorgeous. I could live there. Although we've never thought of moving to PA because their hs'ing laws are much stricter than here. So we drive over. We're only 30 min. from the Western PA border and only 1 1/2 hours from Cook Forest.
It looks like your family had a great time. I'm a country girl stuck in suburbia, so I love seeing pictures of the great outdoors.
Sounds like an AWESOME DAY! I also love listening to river sounds and smelling the scents of the forest!
That seems like a wonderful adventurous day and great memory for your family to look back on.
Post a Comment