Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Terrific Tuesday

We've had a laid back kind of day. Yesterday was very busy. Monday is weekly chore day, laundry day, get all the work done because we're relaxed and motivated from the weekend day :) Yesterday was also Jordan's first day of work at his new job! I cannot believe how fast they grow up! I'm so proud of him. It was bitter-sweet. Rather like his first day of kindergarten (He went to private K at the church before hs'ing ever since).
Today we woke up to rain. We were going to the lake to mow and fix, but the rain stopped those plans. Basically we've done nothing :) I folded some laundry and the kids did daily chores and put laundry away.
Allen and I ran to WalMart for some bird seed and a clock for his room. We had leftovers for lunch and then I took a nap :)
I ran Jordan to work.
The terrific part is Doug gets to come home tonight :) His first delivery tomorrow is the next town over. So I'll pick him up tonight and take him back tomorrow. I love this sweet surprise of him being home in the middle of the week :)
Tomorrow and Thursday will be spent getting ready for vacation. We're going to the lake for a week and are so looking forward to it!
I finished reading a couple books this week. The Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice and Along Came a Spider by James Patterson. I enjoyed both books. I am reading The Seven Pillars of Health right now.

5 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Congrats to Jordan!

Emily said...

That is awesome! Congratulations Jordan!

Michele said...

Congratulations to Jordan! Where is he working? Welcome to a new and interesting season of life Kelly!

Cynthia said...

I like how you compared teh kids going off to their first job like going off to kindergarten. I felt the same way when dd1 drove herself off to work this first time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly!!! I'm here at Blogspot for good, I think! I just wanted to stop by and say hi! Congrats to Jordan!! Stop by my blog and say hi! :)