Monday I decided to finish painting the kitchen to surprise Doug. He planned to do it this weekend, but the boys are in the Jr. Masters' bowling tournament; 5 games each Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I knew it would bless Doug if I did it.
So on Monday I painted 1/2 the kitchen cabinets and baseboards, and also 1 window frame and 4 door frames. I planned to finish the other 1/2 on Tuesday.
By Monday night I had spasms in my back so badly that I was crying. When Doug asked me why I was in that much pain I was crying, I told him what I did. And he is going to finish painting! I've paid for those 4 hours of painting all week! Finally, today, I am able to walk and lift the coffee pot without debilitating pain! I am SO tired of not being able to function.
I've been quiet on the blog lately. When I started blogging, I decided that I would not come here and whine and it would be a positive thing. I've not had a lot to be positive about and I have much to whine about, so I've just not been posting. I'd appreciate prayer. I'm not in a good place right now and I see no relief any time soon. I'm so discouraged about so many things.
So that's our week. The weekend will be extra busy and too short, like always. The weekends fly by and it is sad.
Hopefully I'll have great news about the boys and the bowling tournament!
6 comments:
I so wish I could fix you. I am right there with you this week. I had to call off work again yesterday due to pain shooting down my leg--still there today--and if I am gonna do Christmas need to work. I did manage to do the medical trip on Wed. and hopefully can work Sunday. I love you and am praying.
Oh Kelly - you are often in my prayers. I know this is a very tough road you are on.
I'm so sorry to hear about the pain from the painting.
Kelly,
Praying for you!!!
Laura J.
SHS
{hugs} and BRAVO on your resolve for the purpose of being positive. Choices are powerful things. :)
So sorry you're having a struggle right now! Hoping you're able to find answers and solutions soon.
Hey Kelly,
I can sooo relate to the discouragement you're feeling lately. I've been feeling it too due to my Dad (read my blog for details). Anyhow...I do hope you feel better about things soon, and that your back feels much better.
I'd ask you to come paint my kitchen, but I suppose that wouldn't fly well with you right now. ::grin::
As for not even being able to hold your coffee pot...girl...go tell your husband to buy you a Keurig. It's the absolute best coffee maker in the world!!!! No big pot to carry around or clean! = ) I got one last year and now I refuse to ever use another coffee pot again!
Many hugs and prayers!!
Elinor
Post a Comment