Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An Awesome Day!!!

We have been having wonderful weather! Such a nice change from the snow we had the beginning of April.

The lawn was in desperate need of mowing at the cottage. So we did most of our school, had lunch and off we went to tend to the lawn. Everybody must take turns doing their part.

First Allen mowed the front and side lawns. While he was mowing I raked leaves, Isaac picked up the sticks and Jordan tried as hard as he could to start the weed eater. It wasn't working! So we skipped the weed eating. Isaac also got out the ladder and fixed the downspout covers that were blown down during a wind storm.
While Isaac mowed, I took Jordan for his first fishing liscense. Can you believe he is old enough to need a license?? And I forgot to take the camera to embarass him while he got it??
Me raking....
Allen mowing....

The dock doesn't go in for a couple more weeks, so Isaac sat on a bench to fish. He caught 3 fish today. Jordan waded into the water and caught 1. The race is on!
Isaac mowing....
Jordan mowing....
While Jordan and Isaac fished, Allen played video games. I don't know what happened to that child. He doesn't like to be outside and the lake isn't quite as fun for him as the rest of us.
I sat on the swing and drank some decaf and read a Miss Julia book.
We also had dinner up there tonight. I had pineapple and a huge tossed salad. The boys had frozen pizza rolls. Yep, I feed them well lol.
While I was editing pictures for this entry, I saw a couple pictures the boys took that made me smile. I just had to post them!
I knew there was a reason we called Isaac "Cousin It". This picture just cracked me up!
Man's Best Friend! Tucker misses Doug now that he is working so much. He is driving me crazy. He follows me around the house whining. He really does love Doug. He thinks he's a lap dog!
In other notes. I just finished 7 days of 100% raw eating. Well, there were 2 instances this week where I did eat cooked food. I am feeling pretty good. I had 2 days where I didn't nap at all. Today I didn't even feel tired. I was amazed to look at the clock at 1:45, while driving to the lake, and realize that I wasn't the least bit sleepy or in need of a nap. It was an awesome feeling.
Also, Doug is applying, road testing, etc., for yet another job tomorrow. It would be a local job and he would be HOME and he would be on DAYS! I am so hopeful that this one works out. I'll keep ya posted.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new home!

Blessings,
Janne

Cynthia said...

Your new home? Is this a summer home or did you move and I missed that somehow?

Praying your dh gets just the right job! Daytime and weekends off would be nice!

Cynthia said...

Oh.. and congrats on your healthy eating! WAY TO GO!

Anonymous said...

Tagged!
http://muddyboots.wordpress.com/2007/04/24/tagged/

So, how are you liking blogger? I actually liked it better than WordPress but couldn't use it because one of my imaginary friends can't view the site because it's blocked by the government where the live. Can you imagine?

Kelly said...

Cynthia, my Dad owns a cottage on a lake about an hours drive north of us. This is our 9th summer I think? My kids were LITTLE when he bought it and I hated, hated going there. Doug would fish and sail and I'd chase kids and not get to do anything fun lol. My sister has littles now. I often help her because her dh isn't much of a helper either. Off having fun he is LOL. Of course, my youngest is a huge help since he isn't into fishing.

Thanks for the job prayers!

SoCalVal said...

I really enjoyed my visit with you today. I will check back again and see what fun stuff your household is doing/learning next.

Valerie
http://just4homeschoolfamilies.com

Cynthia said...

Kelly,
The cottage sounds like a TON of fun.. but you're right.. with little ones to watch it wouldn't be much of a vacation, but now that they are older I bet it is!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Yippee! The Cottage is open again....how fun to be able to spend time at the Lake again. I can't wait for more fun Lake photos.

Way to go with the food.