Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Busy Few Days!!

Once again I am posting how busy I am. Who isn't busy LOL? I am doing my best to stay off the computer Friday morning through Sunday evening. I do not want to spend time on the computer when my honey is home. I am having a hard time with him being gone this week. So I am kinda in a pity-party mood. It's better not to blog when I'm feeling sorry for myself LOL. So that's where I've been!

I'm still thinking about schooling options for next year. I know we won't be hsing Jordan or Isaac. I am torn over whether to send them to PS or to do the public cyber school at home. I just don't know. I am overwhelmed and burned out. One of the most desirable things about PS is that they will be gone for 5 hours a day. I am tired of single-parenting all week. I really would love a break. But, at what expense? There are the "what ifs". What if they get in with a wrong crowd. I'll be dealing with that alone, too! Not really a desirable option.

HSing is wearing me out. I am tired of making assignment sheets, hasseling kids to do their work, and correcting work every single day. The correcting of work wears me out. Not knowing how to help them with something they don't understand is wearing me out. I am just plain tired! How do you get past the tired thing?

I keep thinking if we take a year or two off, maybe I can pick back up. But I don't have all that many years left. Allen will be finished with school in 5 years! Isaac only has 4, and Jordan only 2.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I just need to talk it through with somebody I guess. Doug told me to go ahead and do whatever I want. I think he is getting frustrated with my waffling. So ya'll have to talk it through with me.

We finally! do not have snow today. And it was a whopping 37*F! WooHoo! We do have snow forecasted for Monday, again! This is the snowiest season on record. We've had 89" of snow! We didn't start getting snow until January! December was SO warm, record breaking warm! I would much prefer snow in December than April, thank you very much lol.

So that is me. I hope to be out of this funk soon. It usually takes me 5-6 weeks to adjust to a schedule change. This is week 3. I am wonder, "What the heck are you thinking God?" It's been a long 14 months and I would like my life to settle down!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so low right now, Kelly! I have to admit that I have had my days of longing as I watch the school bus go by. This year with the added three kids has worn me down.

Hang in there. I'm sure whatever you decide will not be the end of the world for anyone.

Kelly said...

Debbie, thanks for that comment about it not being the end of the world!

I keep thinking if I could just have a break, then I could be refreshed LOL. And if I didn't have to correct work AND if kids did what they were told LOL. Who would burn out then??

I am making a big deal of this. Like it is life and death or something. My sister told me it is probably just a matter of what I want to do. I keep praying and praying and get no direction either way. The problem is, I don't even know what I want LOL.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to see you're struggling. I'm praying for you. Do you school year round? If not, maybe the summer break will clear things up for you. Either relieve the burn out or make the choice to ps clear. Maybe a good dose of warm weather will take care of things too!

Amy (ljhsmom from SL)

Jodi said...

One thought that came to mind for me, do they have good friends who are in school? if so maybe if they go to school they will stick with these friends and not get into bad groups.

It must be a very had choice, I hope it becomes clear for you soon so you don't have to keep worrying about it.

Summer camp for a break?

Kelly said...

Amy~You're right. Warm weather, or even some SUN, would certainly help. I am about to embark on a 30 day 100% raw fruit/veggie diet and see how I feel. I felt great on the juice diet I did, but that is not very pratical in real life living LOL.

Jodi~All their friends go to a different school district. I am 80% sure we'll do the ps at home thing. If Jordan got a job, that would accomplish the getting him out of the house for a bit issue (which is why I'd like him to go to school. He wears me out and going it alone with him is hard). So we'll see. Isaac is begging to try the ps at home thing. So we'll try that for a year. It won't be any worse than sending them to our local high school, which is in the bottom 10% of the state educationally and in an educational state of emergency!

Emily said...

Kelly - I went through what you are going through when we were into our 11th year of homeschooling. I continued to homeschool 2 more years and then we prayerfully put our last four in school. Two years later . . so far so good!
I will be praying for you and the big decisions you and your hubby will be making!

Cynthia said...

Praying God will clearly lead you where he wants you to go. When we had our foreign exchange student I knew I would never put any of our kids in the school district we live in so that pretty much closed the door on any school or partial school options for us. Praying that He will open/close doors just as clearly for you.