Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tagged!

I've been tagged by MuddyBoots This meme has me sharing my reading list. You will see what superficial fluff I've been induldging in :)

Read within the past week or so:

Miss Julia Strikes Back by Ann B. Ross. I love the Miss Julia series. This is just the latest in Miss Julia's escapades. It is a quick, light-hearted read.

A Playdate with Death by Ayelet Waldman. This is the 3rd book in the "mommy mystery" series. It is fun and light. I don't agree with or care for the main character's view on being a SAHM, but the series is fun otherwise.

Wildfire by Nelson DeMille. I love spy espionage novels and this one didn't disappoint. Nelson DeMille is one of my favorite authors.

The 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Doug Graham. This book explains the raw vegan, lowfat diet. I am attempting to eat like this and it was a very good read about nutrition.

Read to the boys for school:

The Hiding Place the story of Corrie Ten Boom. I am really enjoying reading this book aloud to the boys! So glad I saved it for the end of the year. I am tired of WWII battles and such. This is a heart-wrenching book.

Hiroshima by John Hersey. We just started this book and are only a couple chapters in. So far it seems to tell the story of 5 (or 6 I don't remember) people and where they were before/during and what happened to them after we dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I am really enjoying this one also.

We'll read God's Smuggler next. I'm also looking forward to that one.

I never know who to tag. So, if you want to do the meme, please put link to it in the comment section. I also enjoy seeing what others are reading. I get great ideas that way!

1 comment:

mamabeck said...

Kel,
I don't know what part of "Hiding Place" you're at, but that has to be one of my all-time favorite books! (wonder where my copy is?) ;)

And God's Smuggler is a wonderful one, too...a great encouragement to boys, IMHO!

Enjoy!
b