I'm Back :)
We had a fabulous time at the lake. It was so awesome to be all alone with my honey. It was nice to talk without a loud bass guitar and many stereos blaring different music lol.
The weather wasn't so wonderful and it was cold, but we still had a fabulous time.
Friday we loaded up at the video store and ordered pizza. Doug built a fire in the fireplace and we cozied in for the weekend. We watched 3 movies on Friday. Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. SUCH a good movie. Hide and Seek, which was not my favorite, and The Holiday! Doug fell asleep during that one. It was a chick flick and so so good.
Saturday we woke to more rain and cold winds. So we watched more movies in front of the fire. We watched Blood Diamond. It was gripping and very sad to me that it was based on true events. We also watched Night Listener with Robin Williams and I thought it was rather weird.
I took a nap in the afternoon and Doug went to visit with the neighbors. About 5 the rain stopped and the sun came out. We grilled salmon and I made salads and baked sweet potatoes. We ate and then took a walk down the lake road. Doug fished for a while and I sat on the deck drinking organic decaf looking at the lake and reading. I am reading Mary Higgins Clark's I've Heard that Song Before. Very good! We played some cards and then watched The Break Up. I was so disappointed in the ending.
We slept in on Sunday and woke about 8:30 (sad that is sleeping in, eh?) The sun was shining and I was so thrilled. We cuddled in bed and then were lazy in our jammies all morning. We played cards and then cleaned up and came home.
We had a fabulous time and the kids had a fabulous time with their grandparents. It is so much easier to find people to stay with them now that they are teens. They were busy all weekend so it was so easy for my Gramma!
How was your weekend?
2 comments:
FUN! We occasionally go to a little mountain town an hour or so away and rent a cabin. I LOVE it when it rains.. love the sound of the rain on that the cabin type roof and building a fire... things we don't take time to do here at home.
Kelly,
I enjoy getting to know you through your blog and SHS. Sounds like you had a great weekend!
Shari
Post a Comment