Tuesday, June 05, 2007


Summer Reading Challenge

My friend De'Etta, over at Choosing Joy, has instigated a summer reading challenge. It looks like a lot of fun, so I decided I'd join in. If you are interested, please click the link (choosing joy) to read all the rules. It is going to be fun! And there are prizes :)

In the summer, I read a LOT of fluff, so don't mind that. I adore reading and always find time to read. My real challenge will be to keep my daily Bible reading and devotions consistent. So that is the top of my list!

Here is the list of things I have out from the library right now, plus a few others that I want to read over the summer. I may or may not read all of these. Some of them are new authors. If I am into something that I just don't like, I'll quit it lol. I've also heard of 3 new authors I may check out. But really, I need to finish up the new series I started.

Personal Reading

Daily time in the Word
Intimate Issues ~ Linda Dillow & Lorraine Pintus
Every Woman's Desire ~ Of the Every Man's Battle books

Family Read Aloud

God Smuggler Reading Now

Christian Life

Heartfelt Discipline ~ Clay Clarkson
Invitation to Journey

Fiction ~ very fluffy, easy and mindless!

The next Tamar Myers book, but I'm not sure where I am in the series
Torchlight ~ Lisa Tawn Bergren (Christian fiction) Returned unread
Love and other impossible pursuits ~ Ayelet Waldman (to see if I like her other books) Couldn't get into it...rather depressing...but I do like her Mommy Mystery Series. Didn't Finish!
Between Friends ~ Debbie Macomber Returned...realized I had already read it!
Land of my heart ~ Traci Peterson (Christian fiction) Returned unread
Beach girls ~ Luanne Rice (a new favorite author) Returned...coulnd't get into it
Blue Moon ~ Luanne Rice Returned unread
The Gold Coast ~ Nelson DeMille Returned unread
Every Storm ~ Lori Wick (Because I've never read her and wonder if I like her...Christian fiction) Returned unread
A Fall from Grace ~ Robert Barnard (new author, never read) Returned...didn't like this new author
Key Lime Pie Murder: A Hannah Swensen myster ~ Joanne Fluke (her latest!) ~ Read
Murder Plays House: A Mommy-track myster (series I hope to finish this summer/fall) ~ Ayelet Waldman Read
"B" is for Burglar: A Kinsey Millhone mystery (liked the first one, we'll see) ~ Sue Grafton
Kiss the Girls: an Alex Cross novel (Hope to finish this series too!) ~ James Patterson (Dad got me hooked on James Patterson and Nelson DeMille!) Read
2nd Chance ~ James Patterson (another series I hope to finish by end of fall) Read
3rd Degree ~ James Patterson Read
Four to Score: a Stephanie Plum novel (very fun!) ~ Janet Evanovich Read
High Five: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read


Add Ons:
Hot Six: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
Seven Up: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
Hard Eight: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
To The Nines: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
Ten Big Ones: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
Eleven on Top: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
Twelve Sharp: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
The Craddle Robbers: a Mommy track mystery ~ Ayelet Waldman Read
Bye-Bye Black Sheep: a Mommy track mystery ~ Ayelet Waldman Read
Back on Blossom Street ~ Debbie Macomber Read
The Edge of Winter ~ Luanne Rice Read
Along Came a Spider ~ James Patterson Read
Seven Pillars of Health ~ Dr. Conrad I think? Read
Lean Mean Thirteen: a Stephanie Plum novel ~ Janet Evanovich Read
Jack & Jill: An Alex Cross mystery ~ James Patterson Read
The Midnight Club ~ James Patterson Read
The 5th Horseman~A Women's Mystery Club Murder ~ James Patterson Read
Pretend You Don't See Her ~ Mary Higgins Clark Read
See, I told you summer is very fluffy! So....come join the fun, check out all the rules at De'Etta's blog, and happy reading :)

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah Summer! Happy Reading! You know if we are all reading Heartfelt Discipline maybe it should be the next book I discuss on the blog. LOL

Cynthia said...

WOW. that's a VERY LONG list! Happy reading.

Anonymous said...

wow...great list. I've neer heard of Heartfelt Discipline. Write a review and let me know what you think.

I wish you lived closer!!!!
I'm sorry about Doug's job keeping him away so much. I'm praying for you all.

{{{hugs}}}}
Linda

berrypatch said...

I just read Lori Wick for the first time a few months back. I really, really liked it. I think I've read Every Storm, but I don't remember. She's really good.

I've read all the Sue Grafton & Janet Evanovich - really liked both of those series. Really fun & easy reading. My sister loves James Paterson & just lent me 1st to Die so that's going on my list too. :-)

Lisa in ME from SHS