Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunday at the lake.

We had a beautiful day at the lake on Sunday! Doug and Allen spent some time fishing on the pontoon while Isaac and Jordan used their new boat! Allen still does not like to hold his fish! So.....Doug is holding the fish and taking the picture LOL.

Jordan and Isaac's boat is not docked yet, so they had to carry it to the lake. It is about 150#, and they have to go about 1 block away. They were highly motivated to carry it down, but not so much to bring it back. They don't have a battery for the motor yet, so they are paddling right now. So I am sure their arms were sore. I told them no more boating until Dad gets it docked LOL. I think they are in agreement with that!


I saw some geese on the water. I couldn't zoom in very close, but they were too cute to pass up.

While all the guys were boating/fishing, I sat on the deck and read a book from my Summer Reading Challenge. After sitting in the sun so long I felt I would cook, I moved to the swing. Doug and Allen came up and found me sleeping there! I had only slept 5 hours the night before, so falling asleep on the swing seemed reasonable to me!

I forgot to take the camera out on the boat ride with us. Ahhh, well. It was gorgeous, take my word for it LOL.

We had a wonderful day and are looking forward to going up again this week. The boys are hoping my dad got up there to dock the boat. If not, I may take them fishing on the pontoon, depending on if we have company or not. I've invited 4 families to go up with us for the day this week. So far I have no definate answers. I've invited our friends for the past 3 weeks. I may quit inviting if people keep saying no lol.











4 comments:

Cynthia said...

If we lived closer we'd sure take you up on the invitation! My kids would LOVE to get to go to the lake so often!

Kelly said...

Cynthia~I wish you were closer too! I am about to quit inviting my prayer group ladies and their kids. Who wants to be told no over and over lol.......

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Falling asleep in the swing seems like a sane idea to ME. LOL

I love following your lake adventures - Jodi's too - but I think she may still have ice on her lake. ::snort::

Emily said...

I grew up on a lake and boy do I miss it! I wish my kids could have the same great memories that I have being raised on the lake. Growing up we had a lake cottage that we would live there in the summer and eventually we talked my parents into moving there full time. Living here in florida we stay out of the lakes because of the gators . . there is nothing like a northern Indiana lake! I miss it!