Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day Eight ~ St. Lucia

We were awake early this morning, about 6. Doug went for pastries while I made coffee. We're slowly coming up on St. Lucia. The breeze is lovely, the view is gorgeous, and the sky is blue then dark then blue then dark. It rained off and on all morning.

Today's plan is breakfast on the balcony and then take a taxi to the Rendezvous all inclusive resort. I reserved a day pass for us. I still wasn't feeling well, but I was going to push through. While we were eating breakfast, it rained and stopped and rained and stopped a few times. We decided to not go to the beach but sit at the pool one more day. We didn't want to pay the balance for the resort and doge rain when we can drink and eat on the pool deck, under cover, for free. It ended up being a lovely afternoon but there were more quick showers.




So instead, after breakfast, we got off the ship to do some port shopping






 The guys doing what they do!


and then back on the ship to the pool. We grabbed loungers in the shade and relaxed with food & drink for the day. Doug went into the pool while I read a bit. They had mac & cheese for lunch today, and it was delicious! The Caribbean band was playing, and it was so nice. BUT, there was a passenger that was also listening to her music. She did not use earbuds but a bluetooth speaker, and her music was loud. I did not appreciate that. She did this most days. I really should have asked her to stop, but goodness, who does that? It was quite annoying.



So we decided to do the rest of our lounging with drinks on the balcony, which was pleasantly shady, and the view was gorgeous!! Then a nap and a bath and sail away from St. Lucia, on the balcony, with a glass of wine.








Then time to get ready for dinner. I decided to dress up a bit more than I had been, which was fun, too.

Off to the R Bar to meet the people. On the way there I stopped at the Photo Gallery to collect pictures. Then drinks, visiting, pictures and dinner with Jim & Tracy.



This was Italian night in the MDR, which I really enjoy. First Natasha poured my wine, then she brought me a saucer with several savory bites on it...which I shared. I had the cream garlic soup, which was delicious and the lasagna, which was also delicious. I couldn't eat all of this food, again. I did manage to have a little pistachio ice cream and cappuccino. I didn't/couldn't finish the scoop of ice cream, which is NOT me. I took a picture of the ice cream I couldn't finish because I needed proof for my members haha. The ice cream came out with a yummy biscotti. We lingered at the table talking for a while after dinner. We were enjoying our dinners with Jim 7 Tracy.

After dinner we changed into comfies (we found our 2nd towel animal in the cabin)

and went to the casino with Jim & Tracy. I put in $10 and cashed out with $50. I put the initial $10 in again and cashed out at $20 and stopped while I was ahead. Doug's first $10 was $77 and he played down to $50 and cashed out, then played his $10 again and lost. We watched a guy put in a $100 and lose it all in 5 minutes. You win some, you lose some I guess.

Jim & Tracy decided to turn in early tonight, and we headed to the R Bar. There was nobody there. Everybody was up on the pool deck getting ready for the dancing under the stars party, which started at 10. It was just past 9. We thought about going to that, but also made it an early night. We took our drinks to the room, enjoyed the balcony and were sleeping before the party even started.

It was a good day. This whole cruise has been awesome. I really needed the down time to rest and recharge. Tomorrow....St. Martin. We love St. Martin.

No comments: