Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day Twelve ~ At Sea

It was a very rough night at sea! Crazily I slept great. But when I got up at 4 to go to the bathroom, walking was very challenging. But when I woke u at 7:15, the sea was much, much calmer. The sun is bright. The sky is clear blue. I'm having breakfast and pastries on the balcony. Nothing is better than this....at this moment at least.


And we had a towel animal the night before.
There was a great special for the spa this day. For $89 you get a neck and shoulder massage, hand and arm massage, foot and ankle massage and a scale massage. Doug made an appointment to have this done. I don't like people to touch me, because it's painful, so I passed.

We went to the dining room for breakfast. I was having that last Egg's Benedict! The plan for the day was to be alone as much as possible, have dinner with Jim & Tracy at Giovanni's, and then spend the evening alone. 

After breakfast we went our separate ways. Doug wandered the ship to take pictures and then had his spa appointment. I collected all of our pictures from the photo gallery, bought a bracelet and lost $20 in the Casino. I dropped that stuff in the room and then headed to the Solarium for a mimosa and to sit and gaze at the ocean for 30 minutes, and read a bit. About 10:45 I went to the room to pack :(
Ullston in the R Bar
 Chops
 Shops
 Photo Gallery




 Much calmer today :)


 Viking Crown bar


 Entrance to Solarium
 Solarium


 Spa




 Marco at the Park Cafe salad bar

I did most of the packing while Doug was at the spa. He called after his appointment, and I was almost finished packing, so he sat in the Solarium and waited for me to finish and meet him for lunch. We got food from the Park Cafe and drinks and enjoyed those and talked with Susan as she passed by. I had a roast beef sandwich (first one of the trip. They are good) and a mudslide. I was looking forward to a lazy rest of the day.
Final Sunset




After lunch we napped for a bit and got ready for dinner. We met everybody at the R Bar for drinks
The Real Time Band


 before dinner and then met Jim & Tracy in the Schooner Bar at 7 for dinner at Giovanni's Table. they have never been there. It was fun to go with them.

Again, So Much Food! Marco was our waiter again. He stared with the olive oil/balsamic/cheese for the bread and again brought Doug bread from chops.

Our starters were Caesar salad, caprese salad, bruschetta with mozzarella & prosciutto, scallops and a thin beef dish. It was all delicious.

Our pastas were gnocchi with blue cheese, risotto, penne with shrimp, eggplant & a delicious noodle dish.

Dinners...I had the chicken stuffed with ricotta and wrapped with prosciutto that I had for lunch at the beginning of the cruise with mashed potatoes and squash. Doug had the stuffed veal with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Tracy had ossobuco with parmesan roasted potatoes. Jim had the steak.

Jim and I are the only ones that had dessert. I enjoyed a sliver of the chocolate cake, tiramisu, and a cheese cannoli. 


Again, Linden brought us our dinner shooters....mudslides.

After dinner Doug and I ordered drinks from Saby, said our good-byes to him and went back to the cabin. We packed up as much as we possibly could and put our luggage in the hallway, keeping only the least amount of things we'd need for the next day to take off in our carry-on bags, and the alcohol and souvenirs.   

Our annual ceiling mirror picture.

 Then I wrapped in a blanket and we went out to enjoy one last drink on the balcony. And since we were in the bay already, we could use our data and were posting on Facebook.


Although the last day is never my favorite, we had a really great day. Home tomorrow!!

No comments: