Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day Ten ~ At Sea

I was all set to sleep in today. No port, no plans, and don't'cha know I woke up at 6? At least I slept great. We had our pre-breakfast coffee & pastries on the balcony. On the way back from the Diamond Lounge, Doug stopped in the Schooner Bar to catch the news and who the new president elect is.

It's cloudy and cooler today, and a little choppier. I have no idea where we are, but I do know we're heading north, which is the wrong direction ;) Our only plans today are to enjoy the pool deck as long as possible because who knows if we'll be able to do that tomorrow, right? We also thought we'd hit the hot tubs tonight (We never did make that happen.....ever....on 5 cruises and 54 nights at sea; maybe next year...).

Doug already went to the pool deck to secure our loungers while I stayed back on the balcony finishing up my coffee and catching up the journal. About 8:45 I went up to the pool to meet Doug and we took turns getting breakfast in the WJ. When I came out from breakfast, David was talking with Doug and he snagged the 4 loungers next to us. All 6 of us enjoyed our day on the pool deck at sea. The sun is out and it's nice and warm and SO SO WINDY!

We talked and talked for a while. Joan and I did line dancing at 10:30. Drinks and hanging out and the chili cook off, which is fun, and lunch (I made a taco with the chili) and drinks and a nap on the pool deck. We all came and went throughout the day. It was a perfectly lazy day. It was a perfect day, actually. Sun, drinks, food, Caribbean music, great friends, being with Doug. It was glorious.

About 3:40 I went to Cafe-Lattitudes for some Ben & Jerry's and took it up to the balcony to enjoy. The balcony was perfect today! The right amount of sun and shade with very little wind. We enjoyed the balcony, rested and got ready for dinner.

On the way to pre-dinner drinks in the Centrum, we stopped by the Photo Gallery to collect our pictures and then on to the casino, where we promptly lost our money. Then on to the R Bar for drinks with Dan & Susan. David & Joan had an early dinner at Giovanni's Table tonight and was already gone when we arrived. Then pictures and dinner with Jim & Tracy.

We did pictures, too.



Dinner tonight was so so. Natasha did have a little plate of savory bites for me :) I had a crab cake and Caesar salad which were both delicious. I had the chicken cordon blue for an entree. It was pretty bland. Dessert was Rum Baba, which is a yeast cake soaked in rum with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, and it was ok. I had a glass of wine and Linden brought toasted almond dinner shooters tonight and I had a fabulous cappuccino. I have so much beverage before and during dinner. Sadly the bathrooms are located on Deck 6 and 4 while the dining room is Deck 5 haha.

We did not linger at dinner tonight because we wanted to get right to the Centrum and get seats for the 70s party. This is our 5th cruise but the first time we attended this party. It was FUN. We had great seats front and center. We chatted and I had grand margaritas while waiting for the 70's line dancing at 9:30 to begin and then the party at 10. David, Joan, Susan & Dan all joined us, too. We all squished in and shared 4 chairs. Although half of us were up and dancing most of the time. I had SO much fun! We will definitely hit this party again.
Jim & Tracy

Line Dancing



70's Party
















After the party wrapped up, The Real Time Band came back for a set and played some 70's music to finish out the night. We sat, listened, and chatted with Tracy & Jim until about 11:30, at which point my head was swimming with tequila, so we went to the park cafe to have some carbs and water, which we took to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony. Sometimes, at night, the walk to that aft balcony is really, really long.

It was a gorgeous night, and a perfect day.

No comments: