Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day Six ~ Antigua

We had already decided to stay on the ship this day. We had planned to go to the MDR for breakfast today, but it was an early port day; in port 7-4. The dining room quit serving breakfast at 8:30, and I didn't even wake up until 7:30, so we moved on to Plan B.

So when I woke up at 7:30, Doug was just getting back with my pastries. So I made coffee and we sat on the balcony enjoying the gorgeous morning, chatting, taking pictures and journaling. I tried to find a picture with the pastries still on the plate, but Doug just wasn't quick enough ;)
Sailing into Antigua













Once pre-breakfast was over, we slathered ourselves with sunscreen, put on our swimsuits, packed up the pool bag and headed to the Windjammer for breakfast. After breakfast we found 2 loungers under the deck (in the shade) and settled in. It was blue skies and lightly sprinkling, which is so weird.

So we lazed around by the pool and listened to the crew do their practice drills. That was loud! But what can ya do, right? It only lasted a short while. Joan walked by and stopped to talk with us. I went into the WJ for lunch; a burger and fries like most days. I thought it would be less crowded since it's a port day, but notsomuch. I think the fact that it was raining off and on coupled with the fact that the average age of passengers was over 70, made for a crowded buffet. There were people at every table, and a lot of them were playing cards and games. Ugh. It made it hard to find a place to eat!

So back to the pool. Doug went to get his lunch. David, Joan, Susan & Dan came and chatted for a bit. After a while I excused myself and went back to the room for a long nap. It became the routine of our day; balcony, breakfast, pool, lunch, pool, balcony, nap, balcony, bath, dinner & evening activities, balcony. I LOVE the balcony! Even after a nap I was so so so very tired. Exhausted actually and having pain. Ugh. I thought maybe not doing daily yoga was contributing to my pain, so I thought I'd do some yoga. I had downloaded a few of my favorite ones onto my tablet. I did not take a yoga mat. I now know why I need a yoga mat. Carpet is slippery! They did offer yoga classes in the gym, but they were early and were an upcharge.

We planned to go to Chops this night, which is the specialty steakhouse restaurant. We bought a specialty restaurant package once on board (so we could use on board credit to purchase it) for $75 per person and we could eat at a specialty restaurant 3 nights. This was our 2nd night and we'll hit Giovanni's Table again on the last night. We could also go to Izumi, but we've never eaten there.

So we got ready for dinner, met everybody for pre-dinner drinks at the R Bar, 
Dan & Susan 
Joan & David

had pictures and went to Chops. Our waiter was amazing. His name is pronounced A-goon. I have no idea how to spell that! The food was delicious and there was Oh So Much of it again!
We started with crusty break & anchovy butter, which is delicious. Doug had shrimp cocktail and I had crab cake. Then Doug had Caesar salad while I had crispy goat cheese salad. I LOVE this salad and look forward to it every year. You know how people say vacation isn't all about the food? Well, sometimes, for me, it is about the food. This is one of those times! It is field greens with thinly sliced green apple, craisins, walnuts, a delicious dressing and a round of goat cheese that is fried to crispy perfection. It is divine! The waiter also brought out this yummy bacon appetizer, even though we hadn't asked for it!






Then we still had the entree coming! Doug ordered the 9 oz. filet. I tried to order the 6 oz, but the waiter insisted I have the 9 oz. I don't even eat all of the small one, but whatever, bring it out. They serve their steaks with a choice of delicious sauces. I had the wine reduction sauce. I can't remember what Doug had....probably peppercorn. For sides we had grilled mushrooms, grilled asparagus, crispy potato crouquettes with, I think, gorgonzola cheese. So cheesy, crispy tater tots. Delicious! I also look forward to those! I had 2 haha.



By this time Linden had come in with our dinner shots (Toasted Almond), which was above and beyond since he works in the dining room, which is one deck below where we were. Also, we were too stuffed for dessert. I did order cappuccino. Agoon was having none of that no dessert stuff. He brought out a martini glass with a scoop of vanilla ice cream which he topped with rum raisins and Martin's rum. It was DELICIOUS! We both tasted it, but no way could we eat it.


So after dinner we went back to the R Bar. We sat and talked with Ullston for a while, and also Saby. He brought me my special martini. Yummy. We ran back to the room for a quick change, and then back to the R Bar. Andre was finishing up the Majority Rules game show then The Real Time Band came out to play one more set. Most of the crowd cleared out after the game show. The ship was very quiet, and a lot empty, by 11 most nights. So we sat in the quiet centrum talking with Saby a bit and planning our day for tomorrow. We had plans to go to the beach but I am so so tired, so we decided to do another pool day. I'm sure Accura Beach in Barbados is gorgeous! Hopefully we'll be there again some day to see for ourselves. It was a great, relaxing, lazy day with my guy. Perfection!

Pre-dinner pictures...




No comments: