Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day Seven ~ Barbados

For the first time I woke up before Doug. It was about 6:30. I didn't sleep well this night. Doug woke up not long after me, and then onto the "morning routine". We sat on the balcony just enjoying being together and the beautiful view. We're sailing into Barbados today and are scheduled to dock at 10.

Today's plan was to go to the Tiki Bar on Accura Beach, but again, we moved on to Plan B. We're skipping the beach since I'm so exhausted and having pain. We are going to get off the ship and shop around the port a little bit and then enjoy the pool. I know Doug really, really wanted to go to the beach, and I felt badly that we didn't. Next time...hopefully there will be a next time in Barbados.

We went to the MDR for breakfast this day. I was going to get my 2nd Egg's Benedict. Peter sat the two of us at a 4 top, but just the 2 of us. We ordered breakfast, and before it arrived, David & Joan walked in and sat with us, which was a lovely surprise :) I ordered crab cake Benedict. It was pretty good, although the crab was a bit spicy. So one half of the English muffin had the egg on top of the Canadian bacon, the other half had a crispy crab cake and both had hollandaise sauce. It was pretty tasty. I also enjoyed mimosas!

We came back to the room to watch the sail in. This is a very industrial port. The weather was gorgeous this day. Blue skies, puffy clouds, but hot and humid. I think this was the hottest day? I said that every day though ha.






We docked early, the ship cleared customs early, and people were off the ship ready to go. We wait for the initial rush and were off the ship about 10:15. Doug sat and talked with David & Dan (they formed the Men's Club. Mostly they sat together in port while the women shopped) while I shopped. I was looking for something for the kids; we decided on hats, and also a coffee mug and Christmas tree ornament, which are the things I buy in each port we visit. The shops are inside, and it was HOT and HUMID! Really a lot. And it was Sunday, so this was the only shopping available. The shops downtown weren't open. So it was crowded, too.





Back on the ship we changed for the pool & got a bag of laundry ready to go for washing. Off to the pool. I think we got the last 2 loungers in the shade. The pool deck was crowded again this day! Usually I like to have a quiet pool day while in port, and so far we're 0 for 2 on making that happen.

We got towels, got settled and I went to the bar for drinks & bottled water. We had lunch. David & Joan joined us. I read a little. We got in the pool this day! Well, Doug & David got in. Joan & I sat on the edge. It felt so good. It was So Hot! Then more drinks. I dozed and read as much as possible, but it wasn't really possible! It's Sunday. Football is on the big screen. Men are rowdy while they watch football. Doug and I decided to go enjoy the loungers on our balcony instead of at the pool! So we get to the room, get settled on the loungers, and then bang, bang, bang...they are doing balcony maintenance on the balcony 2 down from us. Lounging outside in the quiet wasn't meant to be this day. So I took a nap instead, a long bubble bath and then off to meet the people, and have dinner with Jim & Tracy.

Tonight Natasha was able to snag 1 savory bite for me. Yummy little bits of deliciousness. I had the baby shrimp salad, roast beef with potatoes & broccoli and a pecan pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert, which was delicious! Natasha brought out my cappuccino and had made a heart in the foam.

Then back to the room to change into comfies, meet up with Jim & Tracy, hit the casino and then the Palladium Theater for the Love & Marriage Show. I lost my money this night. Doug put in $20, got to $55, gambled and walked away with nothing. Drats. Then the Love & Marriage Show. We always enjoy that, and this year was no different. After that we stopped by the R Bar for drinks and then took drinks back to the room and sat on the balcony enjoying the night sky. Today was lovely, although not what we had planned. Tomorrow....St. Lucia!!

No comments: