Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gearing up for school!

I spent yesterday working on the boys' assignment books. I still do the old fashioned way of paper and pencil. I use the home school high school journal that you can get for less than $8 at Rock Solid I have everything ready to go EXCEPT for Write Shop. I've never used it before and am feeling a little overwhelmed!

We are starting our 11th year of hs'ing. I've always, always just jumped in with a full work load. This year we are doing it differently. We'll start with math and science next week, the following week add in history, and the week after that language arts. Not sure why I'm feeling freaked out about that :::snort:::: I just don't do change well, kwim?

One of the reasons for starting out slowly is we want to have our afternoons free to go to the lake and fish some more. I'd like to go as much as possible through Sept. and Oct. if the weather is nice. I am NOT looking forward to the long, dreary winter months this year!

Another reason is I do not want to start school at all this year. I am sure once we get started, it will be OK. But with Doug only home on weekends, I am not looking forward to having another thing that is solely my responsibilities. I miss my honey!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I am interested in the homeschool journals. Can you plan out lessons in them? I will have a high schooler this year so I can use all the help I can get! Thank you!

Kelly said...

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, it is a lesson plan book basically. Each of the boys have their own and I write their assignments in it. It eliminates teh "what do I do now" whining that I HATE!!

Here's a link to purchase or just see it.
http://www.rocksolidinc.com/cgi-bin/VirtualCatalog/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=b-2600&SearchField=op5&SearchFor=10-10101&sort_on=description&template=Htx/prod1.htx&hdrFile=Htx/header.htx&ftrFile=Htx/footer.htx#10-10414

Kelly said...

Wow, that is quite a link. You can go to www.rocksolidinc.com and search for The Homeschooler's High School Journal. Make sure hs'ers is one word or it won't work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelly!!!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Kelly - the boys have been using Word, making a chart and typing in their assignments this year. I'm not sure if I'll continue this or buy another. We had trouble finding one with enough spots for all the things that Jamin was taking.....

Hugs to you as you begin your school year. Remember - Doug's heart trusts in you - you can do this....and I'm still praying he can be home again.

Cynthia said...

Afternoons at the lake sounds like FUN to me! Hang on to summer as long as you can!

We're also easing into our schedule.