I made this for dinner yesterday and it was SO good! Quick and easy, too :)
Black Beans & Rice
1/2 a large sweet onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, any color
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1T olive oil
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 c. salsa (I used fresh from Sam's Club)
Salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
Hot cooked brown rice
Garnishes: Shredded cheddar, black olives, sour cream, anything you like on yours :)
In a large skillet, saute onion, pepper and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Add black beans and cook until moisture mostly evaporates. Add salsa and head through. Serve over hot rice and with whatever garnishes you choose.
1/2 c. brown rice = 2 WW points
1 c. black beans = 4 WW points
Garnishes extra :)
5 comments:
Sounds yummy and I LOVE it when you include the WW points!
Kelli,
I really like the new blog look! The recipe looks great, but how many servings does it make? I know it will not feed those boys. :)
Thanks heather! The bean mixture makes 4 cups. I should edit that, huh? So it made 4 servings for me. My boys won't eat it! I'll use it for 4 meals for myself this week...........
Yummy...I love black beans.
Enjoyed catching up on you guys.
Sounds like a relaxing and fun(except for the pox)vacation!
Oh my goodness, I was comparing the pictures of the boys on your sidebar. Isaac has grown taller than everyone!
Blessings,
Linda
Linda, He sure has grown a lot! He isn't quite that tall, since they were standing on rocks...but he is over 6'! He LOVES to rub it in. He's taller than Doug and Jordan!!!
Post a Comment