Thursday, August 23, 2007

I talked my mom into starting a blog. So she did.

Here's a link to my mom's Knitting Blog. Check it out if you get a chance.

My mom has taught me to crochet and I've been doing it for years and years. She's also taught me to knit, and I am just starting to get into making things other than scarves.
Baby blanket I am knitting right now

Snowman afghan I crocheted last spring


Today I put the blanket on hold and started knitting a baby bunting on circular needles! I am having SO much fun! Now I just need to get it finished before Oct. 7th for my sister's shower!

8 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I love the snowman blanket! cool.

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! I Love Love Love the snowman blanket . . I have crocheted since I was 5 years old. What stitch did you use to make it!

Kelly said...

Emily~It was just a bunch of little granny squares. I can't remember if it was 1/2 double or double. I'll google and see if I can find the pattern. It was SO fun! I just made sure to work by strips and sew the strips together as I went. I would have been OVERWHELMED with 300+ squares at the end, kwim?

Chris said...

Kelly I have the pattern in the book Do ya want me to e-mail it to ya?

Cynthia said...

CUTE SNOWMAN! It looks like a puff quilt I made once years ago.

Cynthia said...

Congrats to your mom on starting a blog. I went over and checked it out... let a few comments... then realized she'll probably wonder who in the world I am (LOL). KUDOS to her. I'm pretty certain my mom would never attempt blogging.

Kelly said...

Mom, I have the pattern. Can I post it if you email it to me?

Kelly said...

Cynthia, I showed my mom my blog and told her to blog....she started it that night :)

I'm glad ya'll are visiting over there. I told her I'd post here and on the SL forums so she would get some hits. Glad it's working :)