Thursday, August 30, 2007

A New 'Do

I've been growing my hair since January. I told Doug I'd grow my hair for a year if he'd lose weight. Well, he wasn't holding up his end of the bargain LOL......

My hair is fine textured and rather thin. Once it gets past my shoulders, it starts to look limp and flat, even with layers.

So about 3 weeks ago I had my stylist cut 4" off the back and layer it. But it wasn't quite right. It looked the same, but shorter.

So today I went back and had her cut some more layers and make it more flippy and cute! I told her I wanted to love my hair and feel good about it. I'm not feeling good about my body right now. I've gained 50# since June of 2006, and I cannot figure out why! I am sure it has to do with my health problems, but I am just feeling fat, frumpy and ugly. So I got a cute new 'do to hopefully boost my spirits some. I'm looking forward to styling it myself tomorrow.

I do not think Doug will like it! It is not long. Allen told me I look like a boy! What is it with men and long hair anyway???

8 comments:

Chris said...

You are anything but fat and frumpy. You are beautiful and stylish.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Kelly, I really like your hair! It's cute and daring....and fun!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I love your hair! You look great!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your new hair, I think it's really cute!!

I followed you here from HSB. I am at:http://tryingtobethechange.blogspot.com/

Seems alot of the HSB ladies moved here, so I thought I'd join you all!
Tara B(Samurai Mom at SL or hsmom23boyz at HSB)

Cynthia said...

Kelly,
I LOVE the new do!

Are you still doing WW? Just wondering. I haven't gone all summer and while I haven't gained anything I haven't lost much either. I do have exercise built into my schedule for fall, but so far I still have far too many undone house projects to finish up before I can actually take time to workout.

Kelly said...

Tara~I'll visit your blog tomorrow. Going to answer comments and crash into bed! The first day is exhausting!

Kelly said...

Cynthia, I am doing WW now. I've been trying to eat mostly raw since January. I've hit that goal most of the time.

But I'm gaining weight. Since June '06, I've gained 50# and I am SO frustrated! I should NOT be gaining. I am convinced it is from the fibro....I don't know what else it could be! But it is SO discouraging.....

Kelly said...

Thanks to all of your for your sweet compliments! I'm liking this new do more and more each day :)