The weather has been absolutely wonderful lately! You'd think it is July by the way the temperatures and humidity are acting. If you closed your eyes, you really would think it is July. But looking at the pretty leaves reminds you it really is fall.
So I thought we should take advantage of this wonderful weather and go to the lake. I asked the boys to work really hard until lunch. They did. I grilled chicken, we ate, we cleaned the kitchen and we were off!
So we get to the lake and I went in to use the bathroom! It is a 50 min. drive, I had coffee and a lot of water before leaving, and I had to go. So I sit down and do my business and then stand up and happen to glance into the toilet!!! I see A DEAD BAT FLOATING IN THERE!!!!!!
EEWW........I go running and screaming out of the bathroom. Jordan comes running and thinks it is absolutely cool! Thank God this bat was DEAD! Jordan scooped him out of the toilet and into a ziploc. Sorry, no pictures, I am still freaked out about it :::snort:::
So the guys go down and fish and I browsed the Sonlight forums and started knitting a new baby blanket.
The guys come running up to the lake with their great cathes. They were excited. The fishing had been very slow lately and this was great! I took their pictures, drove them to the bait shop so Russ could take their pictures, and then we gave the fish to Bob and Cindy.
I grilled hot dogs for the boys. They ate and mowed the lawn and went fishing until dark. They didn't catch anything else.So I go into the OTHER bathroom (because, you know, it's broad daylight but a bat may have dove into the toilet) and this is what is at MY FEET! Sorry, blurry picture, but that was the best I could do and I was not trying any more. Now, all you readers in TX and the dessert, I know this spider isn't that big, but it is BIG for the north where they all die off in the frost every year!!! Can we say EEWW???? I flushed him in a hurry. I do not want him crawling into bed with me this weekend!!!
I have a bit of the heebie jeebies about going to the lake Sunday night alone. Spiders I can deal with. But bats??? What if there is a bat? A live one? While I am there alone??
Anyway, we had a fabulous day. Now we're home and Allen is in bed. He has a headache and opted to go to sleep. The rest of us are watching the Indians beat the Yankees! with a score of 4-1. Go Tribe! We're hoping they win tonight and put the Yankees out of the running :)
4 comments:
Great game so far. It would be nice to see the Indians win something for a change.. We once had a bat in our attic. I didn't go up there for six months!!!!!!!!!
ACK!!!! I can hardly stand to read about that.... ACK!!!!
Hey, Kel...
the bats eat the bugs. The ugly, buzzing, gonna-eat-you bugs. Bats are good. We have a family of them living in a distant part of our attic. Now if one flew out at my head, I'd be majorly startled, but since they keep the buggy population thinned down, I wouldn't kill it.
I had a chicken hawk fly at my head when I was in high school. I've BTDT with the "flyin' at my head fear" LOLOL
Kelly, we had a bat once in the bedroom and it woke me up. Hid under the covers while Grandpa killed it. As I learned while I lived in the country with outside plumbing, YOU LOOK BEFORE YOU SIT!! Have a good time at the lake and good luck with your blanket. Grandma
Post a Comment