Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The End of the Season

The saddest time of the year....taking out of the dock! It is not quite as exciting as April or May when we are putting in the dock. That is fun, exciting and full of hope for a wonderful season of fishing and relaxing.

Taking out the dock means winter is coming. Long, dark days and the closing of the cabin.

Dad, Doug and Isaac tromped into the lake and took out Dad's dock, and 2 others. Isaac loved making a little extra money. Allen helped, too. But he would not walk into the dirty water with weeds swooshing against his legs!! So he was on "pole patrol".

And I had to take the last picture of the shoreline. I've been taking pictures weekly to chronicle the change in colors. I won't be taking any more, because I am not walking out into the lake either :::snort::: Although it is only 18" deep and I could wade out there!!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

End of summer... They started lowering the level of the big lake here by us this week.

Want to move to Texas with me? Not only does it stay warm, but I hear they have a lot of extra water. ;)

Elizabeth (aka Skylark)
muddyboots.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

The lake shoreline is beautiful and the colors really look like fall. The fellows look like it is not bothering them too much. Good pic of all. Grandma

Cynthia said...

I'm going to be just as sad as you are to see the season end. I've enjoyed your journeys to the lake!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

All good things must come to an end?

I love the fall photos - hard to believe another lake season is over.

Kelly said...

I wanted to go to the lake today. It is in the 80s (In October even!) but the boys opted for sleeping in lol. No time to sleep in and go to the lake and be home in time for football.

Gram, the water was so shallow. It's only 2' even if you go out 15 feet or so. And it was still quite warm in the shallow.

Now, it is so cold in April or May when they put the docks in. Brrr...glad it is them and NOT ME!