It's been a while, eh?
Doug and his dad finished the kitchen ceiling and trim work and put in new lights. It looks great!!! Last weekend Doug painted the kitchen walls. I was going for a soft, subdued sage green BUT what I got was MINT green ice cream colored walls! I am NOT learning to love it. So I think we'll take the 1/2 gallon we have left BACK to Sherwin Williams and have them retint and we'll repaint UGH.
The boys have 1/2 of the woodwork sanded. I am not thinking we'll get the project done before Thanksgiving weekend is over! I wish! I want it finished and I do not want sanding going on while the Chirstmas decorations are up. Way too much of a mess for that!
After Doug's vacation, I went to work with him. It was supposed to be Monday morning through Wednesday morning, but I ended up staying with him until he came home Thursday at 11pm! The kids were with my in-laws and had a great time!
I spent Friday running around and buying food, washing mountains of clothes and taking care of Doug. He got sick on the road. Saturday evening he finally went to the urgent care. He had a deep sinus infection. They gave him a shot and some meds and he was better Sunday :)
He's gone again for the week. And after 2 weeks of him being home, I sure am missing him.
I've over done it WAY too much and am paying for it. Today was a bad, bad, bad fibro day. I couldn't even concentrate enough to help Jordan with his math and it was easy! What percent of 6 is 2.4? Well....I can't think about that right now. And gerund phrases and such, forget it! He was happy to skip English today LOL.
So we're getting back into the school groove. Jordan is working. He's also playing guitar a lot. Isaac bought drums OH THE JOY! But I am glad they love music and are teaching themselves these skills.
Allen has been busy carving lots of pumpkins. He did a really cool one with a cross. I'll post pictures later maybe.
So that's what we've been up to around here. Nothing much that seems like a lot :)
4 comments:
Praying for you and Doug....sounds like a good time but yuck that you both are ill on this end of it.
I'm glad to see you back. I missed you.
Thanks De'Etta. It's been crazy here. I keep thinking I should blog, and then I don't :::snort:::
I really miss SHS! Ahhh...if only there were more hours in the day OR my husband came home and I didn't have to hold it all together myself, kwim?
Sorry about the paint problem. Ugh! Post some pix for us. :) I don't even want to think about taping and painting in the kitchen. So much to work around.
So nice that you were able to go with him for a few days.
Post a Comment