Thursday, May 17, 2007

I made the most wonderful new bread recipe today! It actually uses only 3 1/2 c. whole wheat flour and makes 2 loaves of bread. I'd like a taller loaf, but this is light, fluffy and my kids didn't say it felt like a brick! It was really easy, too.

Here it is in step-by-step photos. I didn't include the mixing in the Kitchen Aid. I was rather skeptical when I put the dough in the bowl to rise. It was SO tiny. But it did rise up nice and high.

Punched down and put on the board to rest for 10 min.

I then formed it into loaves and placed them in greased stones.

It doubled (see the finger marks?).

It browned nicely and is now cooling on the racks. I did cut 1 slice and let butter melt on it. Very tasty and not heavy at all.