Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Peppy Pizza Pasta

1 lb. whole wheat pasta shapes (I used shells), cooked
15 oz. Ricotta cheese
8 oz. (I used way more) part-skim mozzarella cheese
couple handfuls Romano or Parmesan cheese
6 oz. turkey pepperoni
large jar spaghetti sauce (and/or pizza sauce, I use both)
2 eggs
seasonings of choice (I used 2 garlic cloves, minced onion, basil, oregano, parsley and pepper)

Mix eggs, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese (save some for top) and Romano cheese in a bowl. Dice most of the pepperoni into quarters, stir into cheese mixture with seasonings. Mix in cooked pasta.

Spread pasta mixture into a sprayed 9x13 stone (pan oopps, guess everybody doesn't cook with PC, eh?) Top with spaghetti and/or pizza sauce. We like ours saucy so I use a 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce and 1 or so jars of pizza sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.

Cover and bake 20 min. @ 425*. Uncover and bake 5-10 more minutes, until lightly browned.

I served this with Crusty French Bread. Yummy!

No comments: