Thursday, May 10, 2007

Where have I been you say?

I've been OUTSIDE! We've been having a beautiful week of sunshine and temps in the 70s. A whole week! That is SO rare here. I've been enjoying every minute. Monday I hung all the laundry, and my sheets, on the line. I love freshly hung laundry. I did the boys' sheets yesterday and a couple comforters.

We've been trying to wrap up our school. We have this week and next week scheduled. The week following I've left open to finish up whatever we didn't get finished. We finished The Hiding Place Monday. I was bawling through the end. Isaac said, "Mom, are you crying?" I replied, "Yes, aren't you??" We've started God Smuggler and are really enjoying it. It is our last official read-aloud of the year!

Doug has been having job issues. Actually, yesterday was his last day of work. The job he was going to take didn't pan out. So he is job-hunting right now. God is working many things out and I will have exciting new to post soon, I pray!

Today I am going to visit my Mom for Mother's Day. Allen is coming with me. The other two have bowling tonight. So weird to not have all the boys with me when I do things. Nice and sad at the same time.

Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, we plan to spend the day fishing at the lake. In the evening, Doug and I are going dancing. The band is playing and they've not played for a few weeks. We are looking forward to it.

My inlaws are going to Niagara this weekend, so we won't be squeezing in a MD visit to my MIL. We are going to have a quiet, relaxing weekend. What are your Mother's Day plans?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing your chores list. We are preparing for dd's graduation this weekend. We're having a party on Mother's Day afternoon! No rest for me this Mother's Day.

Kelly said...

Graduating?? That is unbeliveable! Weren't these kiddos of ours just learning to read?