Whew...what a crazy day!
It has been one full day here today! I woke up at 5:30 and wished I could go back to sleep. I even tried to go back to sleep. I ended up getting out of bed at 6. Decided it would be a good idea to bake the cake early since it was going to be near 90* today!
So what did I do today?
~Put cake in oven
~Started laundry (and did 3 loads total, hung one on the line, all are folded. Kids will put away tomorrow)
~Made a smoothie
~Cleaned kitchen
~While cake cooled Doug, Allen and I cleaned & decluttered the school room, turning it into a little tv room for video games. We moved out a broken computer stand and took a bookcase to the basement, sorted books for sale (I need to post those I guess).
~Switched loads
~Made marinade and got chicken soaking
~Decorated cake
~Cleaned kitchen
~Dusted the living room and dining room. Allen vacuumed
~Swept the dining room
~Cut pineapple for lunch
~Tried to nap, read a little
~More laundry and hung it on the line
~Tossed salad for dinner
~Talked to Doug on the swing while he grilled chicken
~Ate dinner with the family. I love that!
~Cleaned kitchen
~Made no-bake cookies for the fun of it? Actually, my friend De'Etta posted on her blog a version of these cookies and I had to have some.
~Ran dishwasher and washed more dishes that didn't fit
~Took laundry off the line and folded it
~Spent too much time on the computer!
Whew....no wonder I am tired! It is a good tired though. It is nice to have a productive day after being lazy for the past few days.
Jordan and Isaac spent 5 hours working for a friend from church. They are moving slag and patio pavers. They will go back next week.
Jordan is at band practice right now. He is playing in the youth band, during main service, all weekend. He is thrilled! Doug and the other two went to watch. Doug is taking J & I to the movies to meet a friend. They will watch Pirates.
I am enjoying the peace and quiet in the clean house :) And the sunshine. I may read a little. I may blog hop. I should walk. I ate too many of those cookies UGH. I have the best of intentions regarding my diet when I wake up in the morning....wish I could hold those intentions past 2! I've been eating terribly and I feel terrible, too.
4 comments:
Sounds like a very productive day. You deserve to sit down and do some blog hopping!
Great opportunity for your ds to get to do the music this weekend! Our dd leads the youth group band at our church. It's been a great experience for her.
Praying for all your needs to be met!
Thought I'd reply here rather than continue to hijak the thread on SL. :) btw, Allen's cake turned out really nice! Did he draw the character himself? I think that projector is pretty cool.
Sorry about the deleted comment... I was trying to edit.
http://muddyboots.wordpress.com
Wow - I'm tired just READING about your day.
Glad to see I'm influencing others...::snort:: wish it weren't to blow your diet. Ah well....
Post a Comment