Friday, September 07, 2007

Here you go Mel :)

Italian Stuffed Peppers

2 lb. ground beef (I use the leanest I can find)
1 c. cooked rice (I use brown)
1-2 minced garlic cloves
1 T dried basil (I don't measure spices, I just dump them in)
5 large bell peppers
1 T dried parsley
1/2 c. milk (I use fat free)
Romano cheese (2-3 big handfuls) (can use Parmesan)
bread crumbs (I use whole wheat) as needed
salt & pepper

Cut pepper in half and take out ribs and seeds.

Combine meat, cooked rice, garlic, basil, parlsey, milk, Romano cheese, salt and pepper. Add bread crumbs until the consistency of meatballs or meatloaf. Divide into 10 portions.

Roll each portion of meat into a ball and smush 1 ball into 1 pepper half. At this point you can put them in ziplock freezer baggies and freeze.

Or to cook, place them in a baking stone (or whatever pan you bake in), pour spaghetti sauce (I use homemade usually) over top, cover and bake at 350* The meat is done in about 45 min. to 1 hour. I bake them on 300* for the afternoon. I like my peppers to be very soft.

1 pepper half = 4 WW points

1 comment:

Mel said...

This recipe looks so yummy! Thanks so much for posting it. :)


Blessings,
Mel